Prayer requests

Started by `Eylan Ayfalulukanä, January 11, 2012, 03:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Here's a thread for prayer requests, as suggested by Tirea Aean. Ultimately, this might be better off as a sub-forum. Let's see what happens.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

i had the idea of /bible-study and /prayer-requests as their own boards inside /bible. when the threads grow, I'll ask the admins about making the boards.

I'd like to post the first request:

Trisha, a very nice lady near me whose son(Daniel, 8) has bone cancer, and who found her father dead from suicide. She and husband and son are believers but no doubt are going through a storm in recent days.

Mako

They have my prayers. Also a word of encouragement: Don't tell your God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Tirea Aean

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Prayer missles away, ma Tirea. That has to be really tough to deal with. But as much as we hate to walk through this crap, God is still there on the other side.

As far as setting this and the 'sermon' section up, we are both on the same wavelength. We just used different terminology.

Yawey ngahu!

Tirea Aean

I also hear report today that also, to add to her situation, her daughter was in a bad car crash and then the doctors have discovered some kind of disease in her(and so actually, praise God that the crash led them to discover it early enough). Not sure how bad it is.

Mako

Tirea Aean

May she find rest in Him... It must be very hard.

Eltu Lefngap Makto

May God give them His peace, knowing that one day all things will be put to rights.
'Ivong, Na'vi!

Mako

Quote from: Eltu Lefngap Makto on January 11, 2012, 09:40:42 PM
May God give them His peace, knowing that one day all things will be put to rights.

And may You make Your presence tangible to her, just to let her know that You're there with Your hand on her shoulder. Amen.

Mako

Okay, PRAISE BE TO GOD. Amen?

Anyways, I have a few requests, but God has been really answering my prayers right now.

First, I ask that y'all would pray for this job application that I'm extremely confidant about, that I would get the job so I can start paying for a car.

Second, I regained a friend whom I had been dating until November. Things got wierd between us, and I hadn't verbally spoken with her until today. So I worked up the guts to go talk to her about the whole breakup, and put everything else in God's hands. I'm glad I did. Turns out that she broke up with me because she felt extremely busy and felt as though she wasn't giving me the attention I deserved. I don't believe God's closed this door yet because we're both going to (hopefully on my part) end up at the same college, but I ask for prayers that He will give me the patience and the right timing with her.

Again, praise be to God!

Tirea Aean

Praise God! :D

Also, Update: Daniel is now cancer-FREE

Stranger Come Knocking

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 24, 2012, 09:51:03 PM
Praise God! :D

Also, Update: Daniel is now cancer-FREE
:D That's always good news! :D

I have a praise/prayer and it requires a bit of a story, so...here goes.

Last summer I went on a mission trip to Nicaragua with my youth group.  While we were there, we separated into a lot of different ministry groups, one of which was prayer walking through the little village.  My group, led by an amazing translator named Julio (God bless the man and how hard he works), arrived at the home of a young man, about 19, named Roberto.  As a child, Roberto sniffed so much glue, that it quite literally fried his brain.  He would go out and randomly beat people up, men women children didn't matter.  He would go out at night and run across rooftops and climb trees and attack people.  In short, he was possessed.  There is just no other way to describe his actions.  Eventually, his parents had to tie him to a post in the backyard, putting a log chain around his ankle.  He had a little sheet of metal over his head for a roof.  He was given only shorts to wear because if he got his hands on any more, they were afraid he would hang himself.  He was covered in scratches and scars where he attacked himself, and his food and water was on the ground like a dog dish.  It was rare that anyone could even get close to him, let alone go back and lay hands on him like we did.  Our group leader, not Julio, looked at him and asked "Can we pray for you?" and he answer "Yes, please."  Those were the first words he'd spoken clear-mindedly in a long time we were told.  We prayed for him and all the groups after that prayed for him when they could.  When we left, he was calmer, but still attacking himself and living like a dog.

Fast forward to Christmas.  A smaller group went back to Nicaragua, same place, to deliver Spanish Bibles (they don't have any as the Catholics there rely on ignorance and profiting from it).  While they were there, they went to see Roberto.

As it turns out, almost immediately after our first group left, he calmed right down.  He went a record 48 days without attacking anyone, trying to speak, trying to be normal.  He had a few days of attacks, but then he was fine the whole time the second group was there.  There is still a long way for him to go, but I daresay Roberto is on his way to being fully healed. :D :'(
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Tirea Aean

WOU! Tht was quite a large story that I really almost tl;dr but curiosity caused me to read the whole thing. wow that is amazing :o

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Keftxoa fì'u nìtxan lu nìʼaw Very sadly, I am now adding a prayer request for our self-exiled friend Tirea Aean. I feel there is much more to what happened here than meets the eye, and he needs our prayers. The good news I have to report is I have had a little contact with Tirea, and I plan to try and continue it. I think he is hurting really badly over this decision.

I would also like to pray for all those (myself included) who were deeply affected by this rather abrupt action.

Yawey ngahu!