General Discussion > Books and Literature

A Song Of Ice And Fire series

<< < (2/6) > >>

Eana Unil:
I'm currently reading it, I'm at the half of the third book of the german version (every english book is 2 books in german because of translation), which means 1/4 of the second english book.

Watched the TV series before I started to read the books, and now I'm watching the series again while reading, so I can compare both with each other. ^^

'Itan Atxur:

--- Quote from: Clarke on August 15, 2013, 07:16:02 am ---Spoiler
(Not sure if there's any spoilers in there, but I don't think so)

--- End quote ---

Awesome vid. There are definitely spoilers in there (arguably some fairly sizable ones too) but you REALLY have to look closely and dissect things to see them. Nothing blatantly obvious.

Clarke:
(This post replying to the reading list thread, since it was wandering off-topic.)

Book/Season 3 spoilers ahead:

--- Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on August 15, 2013, 01:17:34 pm ---I haven't read that part yet but when I got there in the TV series Spoiler: very serious spoilers aheadI was absolutely devestated in a way I've never been in any other TV series/Movie. Not even the falling of Kelutral effected me as much. For a week or two I though I may have completely lost interest in the series. I've never seen ANY story kill off so many good guys so quickly and unexpectedly.
--- End quote ---
SpoilerI think reading about the wedding affected me more than Hometree too, just because it felt so out of left field. In Avatar, it's mentioned right at the beginning, and we have a 20 minute sequence where Jake and co are rushing around trying to prevent it and/or get people to move. In GoT, Lord Frey's all very hospitable and snarky and then suddenly The Rains of Castamere comes on and everything goes terribly wrong.

--- Quote ---SpoilerBut then I realized I still absolutely LOVE Tyrion and Daenerys and I still really want to know everything Jon Snow doesn't know.
--- End quote ---
Speaking of Jon, in the books, the chapter immediately after the Tullys' wedding is from Jon's POV. He has a line that's equally or more tearjerking than the thing that came before it.

'Itan Atxur:
I think I know what you're talking about but that's as far as I've made it in the series.

Clarke:
The line is, (really big book 3 part 2 spoiler)
Spoiler"You're not going to die, Ygritte. You're not."And, well... Jon Snow knows nothing.  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version