Favorite genres

Started by 'Oma Tirea, May 02, 2011, 11:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top 3 genres that you like

Scifi
14 (63.6%)
fantasy/fiction
19 (86.4%)
other fiction (name below, as there are many genres to pick from)
7 (31.8%)
activity-oriented (e.g. puzzle books or cookbooks)
1 (4.5%)
nonfiction (name below, as there are many genres to pick from)
4 (18.2%)
something else (name below, as there are many genres to pick from)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Dreamlight on May 12, 2011, 07:47:25 PM
I'm very much into sci-fi, especially dystopian works (being the cynical pessimist that I am).  I'm also a big fan of most types of fantasy fiction--I devoured the Harry Potter series.

Harry Potter really is something special. The only other anything I can really compare the entire experience to is... well... Avatar. (not comparing quality, just the overall experience)

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Amaya

For me it doesn't even come close to The Belgariad, but then, I read it at a much greater age with a mre jaded eye.

The Belgariad, now...THAT I would love to see made into a miniseries or series like Legend of the Seeker (not that I think anyone would dare, but you never know.  I think the technology is advanced enough now to do it justice)

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Amaya on May 12, 2011, 08:26:00 PM
For me it doesn't even come close to The Belgariad, but then, I read it at a much greater age with a mre jaded eye.

The Belgariad, now...THAT I would love to see made into a miniseries or series like Legend of the Seeker (not that I think anyone would dare, but you never know.  I think the technology is advanced enough now to do it justice)

Yes!!!  This is a brilliant idea.  Polgara is my idol (probably because I'm nothing like her).
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Txantslusam Skxawng

Does comics count as a genre?
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Human No More

I'd say more of a medium, because you have have different genres within them.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Seseni

I'm not quite sure if this counts as a genre, but I love dystopian novels like 1984, The Handmaid's Tale, Feed, The Hunger Games Trilogy, and Brave New World. I'm a huge fan of fantasy as well (Harry Potter, LotR of course!), and I like horror/thriller novels. I devour anything that Stephen King writes.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Seseni on June 01, 2011, 07:48:43 AM
I'm not quite sure if this counts as a genre, but I love dystopian novels like 1984, The Handmaid's Tale, Feed, The Hunger Games Trilogy, and Brave New World. I'm a huge fan of fantasy as well (Harry Potter, LotR of course!), and I like horror/thriller novels. I devour anything that Stephen King writes.

What are 'dystopian novels'? I've never heard that before. :)

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on June 01, 2011, 08:42:14 AM

Novels about a non-utopian future. Such as 1984, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and V for Vendetta. :D

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

I also love reading Star Wars books. :D

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on June 01, 2011, 08:45:13 AM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on June 01, 2011, 08:42:14 AM

Novels about a non-utopian future. Such as 1984, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and V for Vendetta. :D

Oh, it makes sense now! :D Irayo. ;)

And I also love reading sci-fi novels like Star Wars! Especially the books from the six films. :)

Yayo

I love old Physics textbooks. I have about 7 from 1940 and earlier.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on June 01, 2011, 08:45:13 AM

I LOVE stories like that.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

moonbeam

I mostly read Sci-fi and Fantasy, but I'll read anything else if it looks good to me.

Click the dragons to give them love!

Eywayä tìmwiä

I love Sci-Fi and Fantasy, like moonbeam, but I won't put down utopian/dystopian books.  I am also a big fan of Fan-Fiction.

Mesireatu

Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, Arthur C Clarke, Larry Niven, J.R.R. Tolkien, Ellery Queen, Peter Robinson, Reiginald Hill, Val McDermid, Roslund-H, John Dickson Carr, Carter Dickson.. And some others..ellström, Buthler-Öhrlund
Varför minns jag alla dåliga vitsar, men glömmer alla infix i Na'vi?? ???
Why do I remember all bad jokes, but forget all the infixes in Na'vi?? :-[

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!
Nga yawne lu oer, Sara L!!