General Discussion > Books and Literature

J. R. R. Tolkien

(1/3) > >>

moonbeam:
I just wanted to make a topic about J. R. R. Tolkien. I have "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" and they're really good. Anybody here ever read his books?

Blue Elf:
Yes, I've read some. Hobbit and LOTR are "must read" books and I enjoyed them both very much. Just it is good idea to read Hobbit first, then LOTR, not vice versa. While first one is more for children, LOTR serie is for bigger readers.
I've read also another books like Silmarilion (which explain many things about history of Middle Earth) and some short stories.
also, when reading Tolkien, it is good to have his Bestiary at hand, you know who is who :)

Ezy Ryder:
I have access to The Hobbit (read maybe a half of it), Lord of The Rings trilogy, Silmarilion and Children of Hurin, in Polish. I also have The Hobbit in Russian; I want to try and start reading it soon, it's a similar language to Polish, so maybe I'll be able to learn some of it just by immersion... And today I bought the Lord of the Rings trilogy in Chinese, maybe I'll be able to read it around February...

Kamean:
I've read LotR, Hobbit, Silmarillion, short stories, Tolkien's poetry and enjoyed them. :)

archaic:
I read The Hobbit first, then LOTR, back in my younger days, but I've not read his other books.

Hopes no one notices that I posted sacrilegious unfinished fan art photo chop in the gallery.

:-X ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version