Discussion

Started by Yayo, April 30, 2011, 06:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Thats too bad. There's so many ways you could go with that w/o being just sexual.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Yayo

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Human No More

I like it, although this thread seems a little random :P
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Yayo

Oh? I feel that random topics are the best form of discussion. :D

Yayo on facebook

'Itan Atxur

Im inclined to agree ;). I like a little random. Anyways, im almost done with my current book. Any recommendations for a new one?

Yayo

How are the readers?

Yayo on facebook

'Itan Atxur

Reading is going rather slowly for me at the moment.

Yayo

Yayo on facebook

Human No More

Same for me... haven't had the time.

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Puvomun

I am set on reading every day. Before I go to sleep I like to read, and I also have many books on my phone. Whenever I need a bit of a break, I open my book and read on. And editing my own writing is reading as well.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Yayo

I don't know about everyone else but I really don't like E-books. I don't want books to be phased out by their electronic rivals... There's a more satisfying feeling about having your own physical possession. I know that E-books are more convenient and practical but physical books are timeless...

Yayo on facebook

Lolet

Quote from: Yayo on July 26, 2011, 07:27:25 AM
I don't know about everyone else but I really don't like E-books. I don't want books to be phased out by their electronic rivals... There's a more satisfying feeling about having your own physical possession. I know that E-books are more convenient and practical but physical books are timeless...

My family has several E-books, but I can't stand them. You can't flip back a few pages easily, and they on't have a cool cover.

Human No More

I have a few, but I prefer to read a physical book when I can.

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I only read "real" books, except when what interests me is available exclusively online. :) I don't care about the size, weight and such; I just love holding a book in my hands and flipping its pages! :D

Yayo

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on July 30, 2011, 06:46:25 AM
I only read "real" books, except when what interests me is available exclusively online. :) I don't care about the size, weight and such; I just love holding a book in my hands and flipping its pages! :D
I definitely agree with you there, Ftxavanga. There's something inexplicably awesome about having a book.

Yayo on facebook

'Itan Atxur

I've never understood the "reading off of you phone" phenomenon. I personally have to have the book in hand. I guess I can understand the convenience argument but I still like to actually turn the pages and fill my bookshelf.

Yayo

I love looking at the creasing on the binding.

Yayo on facebook

Yayo

I just had an idea (sorry for the double post). Should we have a sub-board specifically for-user written reviews? If we're all in agreement, I'll message Markì.

Yayo on facebook

Amaya

That might be interesting although I'm not sure it needs a sub-board all to itself... :-\

'Itan Atxur

I do like the user reviews. However, I don't believe this board is active enough nor do the user reviews over saturate the board enough to justify a new board.