Discussion

Started by Yayo, April 30, 2011, 06:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syulang

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on July 30, 2011, 06:46:25 AM
I only read "real" books, except when what interests me is available exclusively online. :) I don't care about the size, weight and such; I just love holding a book in my hands and flipping its pages! :D

Fi'u! I love this too  :) theres something more exciting and fulfilling about actually holding a book and reading it.  :)
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Syulang on September 17, 2011, 08:50:32 PM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on July 30, 2011, 06:46:25 AM
I only read "real" books, except when what interests me is available exclusively online. :) I don't care about the size, weight and such; I just love holding a book in my hands and flipping its pages! :D

Fi'u! I love this too  :) theres something more exciting and fulfilling about actually holding a book and reading it.  :)

Couldn't have said it better :) I especially love turning the pages of an old and frail book. It's almost like it's absorbed history.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Syulang

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on September 18, 2011, 10:54:48 PM
Couldn't have said it better :) I especially love turning the pages of an old and frail book. It's almost like it's absorbed history.

This too, me and my brother loved watching the video of Watership Down, and earlier this year or sometime last year, my Dad bought me an original copy of the book, and is was written in 1950- something. Its old and starting to fall apart, but it's exciting to read something thats been around this long. It's precious.  :)

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

'Itan Atxur

"Old and precious" electronics are 6 months old... lol. I'm pretty sure my very capable computer is actually considered a relic about now (4 years old).

Yayo

So. How's everyone's reading?

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

'Itan Atxur

Just about to start the second book in the Tarzan series.

Yayo

Wait. Tarzan is a series?  :o

Forgive me, I'm only 16 and haven't been around literary fiction for that long.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Syulang

Quote from: Yayo on October 04, 2011, 11:29:48 PM
Wait. Tarzan is a series?  :o

Forgive me, I'm only 16 and haven't been around literary fiction for that long.

Yes, apparently so. I grew up with Disney's Tarzan, I watched it yesterday actually.  ;D I've heard the original series is very different  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

'Itan Atxur

Yes it is. Tarzan was written by Edgar Rice Burroughs starting in 1912 if my memory serves me and is at least 22 books long.