What are you currently reading?

Started by Yayo, April 30, 2011, 07:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Quote from: Yayo on August 07, 2011, 07:51:13 AM
Standard Mathematical Tables, 12th Edition. FTW  8)
So who is the antagonist? Cosine?
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Clarke

Standard Mathematical Tables, 12th Edition. FTW  8)
They're still releasing those?  ???

Äteya

Yayo

Quote from: Thomas R on August 07, 2011, 03:25:33 PM
Standard Mathematical Tables, 12th Edition. FTW  8)
They're still releasing those?  ???
No, my grandfather gave it to me. I think this edition's from 1940 or something...

I've nearly finished Alex's Adventures in Numberland, it's really, really good. I think I'll move onto The Plague by Albert Camus next.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Just began the HP series again. ;D I'm at The Chamber of Secrets now. :)

Stranger Come Knocking

Bah.  Have to read The Grapes of Wrath for AP. Lit & Comp. this year.  Generally, I like books much better when I am not forced to read them.  It's an interesting read, I'll admit, but hardly my idea of summer fun.
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Yayo

Started The Plague. State of plague stop close down the town.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Nihal

Eana Tanhì

A Song of Ice and Fire - A Clash of Kings  :)  I love it ;)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Lolet

The Cross and the Switchblade. It was assigned for English, and I read it in only two days.  8)

Ftiafpi

The Lost Gate ~ By Orson Scott Card

A so-so young-adult novel. It's not bad but it's not really that good, nothing really to surprise the reader (some decent parts, though) and I found myself disliking the main character. Lots of references to "teen things" such as the internet, ipads, xboxs, parents not being in touch with kids, and boobs. Yet they all felt very contrived and just thrown in there, almost insisting "look, look, I totally know what it's like to be a teenager and I'm writing a book about it". A lot of explanations as well, felt like a Naruto manga at times. In the end I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a young-adult. For everyone else, just read Ender's Game (same author, amazing book).

Eltusiyu

Isaac Asimov
"Prelude to Foundation"

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Kxrekorikus on August 25, 2011, 07:58:32 AM
Isaac Asimov
"Prelude to Foundation"

Oooh, I've yet to read any of that series, I need to check that one out some time.

Lance R. Casey

Quote from: Ftiafpi on August 25, 2011, 09:30:39 AM
Isaac Asimov
"Prelude to Foundation"

Oooh, I've yet to read any of that series, I need to check that one out some time.

Indeed, but do yourself a favor and read it in the order it was published, and not according to internal chronology.

Myself, I've just finished Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch novel "The Overlook", which I brought with me on my recent tour into the wilderness.

// Lance R. Casey

Eltusiyu

Quote from: Lance R. Casey on August 25, 2011, 09:37:34 AM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on August 25, 2011, 09:30:39 AM
Isaac Asimov
"Prelude to Foundation"

Indeed, but do yourself a favor and read it in the order it was published, and not according to internal chronology.

Myself, I've just finished Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch novel "The Overlook", which I brought with me on my recent tour into the wilderness.
That's true..
I did the same.. Now I want to read all series 2nd time.. so I'm reading it in internal chronology :P

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Misterioso by Arne Dahl, in German :D Pretty nice so far! :)

Ftiafpi

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

She's gone with the whole Twilight love triangle but done it SOOOOOOO much better. I predict hope that once the movie comes out this series will rightfully replace Twilight. :D Great series, I recommend it to everyone.

Syulang

Quote from: Ftiafpi on August 30, 2011, 10:58:22 AM
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

She's gone with the whole Twilight love triangle but done it SOOOOOOO much better. I predict hope that once the movie comes out this series will rightfully replace Twilight. :D Great series, I recommend it to everyone.

Fi'u I have the whole series and have read them all. great series  :)

I am currently reading Twilight. I'm not a rabid fan, I'm not a hater, it's just kind of 'meh' territory for me  ::)
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

I have been reading like CRAZY lately. since the middle of July, I read the books The Lovely Bones, Memoirs of a Geisha, the first two House of Night books, Prozac Nation, and today I just finished reading The Hunger Games for the first time- I can't believe I held off reading that for so long! it was so fantastic! I began reading it yesterday around 3 or 4 o'clock and literally read for HOURS, ending up reading until I got too tired and ended up at chapter 21 out of 27 :P I am currently reading the third House of Night novel and am going to begin reading the first sequel to The Hunger Games probably today sometime :]

ma Syulang, I read Twilight before the movie came out, about a year ago. I love the books, the movies are okay- but since then I've become a huge fan of Kristen Stewart's (Bella in Twilight) work. I don't think she is very good in the Twilight films- she was pretty good in New Moon, however; only after Edward left. however, the movies The Runaways, Speak and Welcome to the Rileys, she is fantastic in those. if you doubt her acting, watch those three films. you won't doubt her anymore. ;]
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Syulang

I have read The Lovely Bones, sad, but really good book! The movie was just not quite right to me.  ::)
I have all the House of Night books and have read them all, waiting for Awakened to come out. also  have read Halo by Alexandra Adornetto, waiting for the next one in the  series to come out, I think it's called 'Hades', can't wait  ;D

I don't mind Twilight, I like it a bit, I just don't extremely like or hate it. the moviea are alright. Some parts are funny because little moments are over dramatized, hrh  ;D I'm going to go see Breaking Dawn when it comes out though. the last movie I saw that wasn't that with Kristen Stewart in it was Zathura a few days ago on the coach back from our school snow trip. She looks and sounds so different  ;D
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia