What are you currently reading?

Started by Yayo, April 30, 2011, 07:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lolet

I read the Lovely Bones not so long ago. The part I have trouble with is when Susie comes back and posesses Ruth's body. Why wouldn't she tell someone where she was buried? She wasted her time with that Indian guy.  ::)

Syulang

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay on August 31, 2011, 06:22:02 PM
I read the Lovely Bones not so long ago. The part I have trouble with is when Susie comes back and posesses Ruth's body. Why wouldn't she tell someone where she was buried? She wasted her time with that Indian guy.  ::)

I think it's because she had been dead so long, that her family and her had gotten over the fact that they would never find her body, they were able to live their lives and not worry anymore. I think it's sweet, in a way, that they finally got to be together, that she got to tell him she wasn't really 'gone'. She did love him after all, but I can see your point.  :)
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

oe mllte, ma Syulang. that part was great how it was left :] I had never heard of the book and saw the movie first. I thought both were beautifully done; I liked the movie a bit more just because of the style of photography. beautiful IMO.

I do think the humorous parts of Twilight are the best, even the ones that are meant to be dramatic. but definitely check out the three films I mentioned of Kristen Stewart's, in my opinion the best out of all three is The Runaways- a rock biopic about Joan Jett's first band; Kristen Stewart plays Joan flawlessly. I've always noticed in most of her films she has some ticks (biting her lip, messing with her hair) that follow her through a lot but she captures Joan Jett at 15-18 years old amazingly. I forgot that she *wasn't* Joan when I first saw it in theaters. it blew me away. it is also a really great film in itself; a classic 'sex, drugs & rock n' roll' movie, but amazing nonetheless. and Dakota Fanning plays the main character- the lead singer- and made me think HOLY ****, Dakota Fanning grew up!

to get back on topic, the movie The Runaways is based off a book Cherie Currie (Dakota Fanning's role, The Runaways' lead singer) wrote about her time in the band. never got to read it but it's on my list!
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Le'eylan

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince :)
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Yayo

I've nearly finished The Plague by Albert Camus. I wonder what I should move onto next?

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Syulang

reading New Moon.  ::) I re-read my books when I'm bored and having nothing new to read.  :P

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Seze Mune

Puvomun

Still reading A Dance With Dragons. (It is over 1000 pages ;) )
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Got it for my birthday but am still one book behind :P
And I had the spoiler of my life >:(
Remind me never to read the dust cover...

So, it is A Feast for Crows (fairly at the beginning...)

Ftiafpi

I guess I need to read that series. I haven't watched any of the TV show and don't really know anything about it except it's awesome.

now on Mockingjay, The Hunger Games' last book. I have read the first two in two days, respectively. am very pleasantly surprised at how good these books are. I'd been wanting to read them for at least a year; I'm a little irked at myself that it took me so long! ;D

Lolet

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on September 02, 2011, 07:47:35 PM
now on Mockingjay, The Hunger Games' last book. I have read the first two in two days, respectively. am very pleasantly surprised at how good these books are. I'd been wanting to read them for at least a year; I'm a little irked at myself that it took me so long! ;D

I've read the first one, but it didn't really interest me much. Are the next ones better than the first?

Syulang

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay on September 02, 2011, 09:45:46 PM

I've read the first one, but it didn't really interest me much. Are the next ones better than the first?

I've read them all. I would say they are about the same  :)

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Syulang on September 03, 2011, 04:13:57 AM
Quote from: Lolet te Maticay on September 02, 2011, 09:45:46 PM

I've read them all. I would say they are about the same  :)
Yeah, if you didn't like the first then I doubt you would like the rest. That's probably the one mistake the author makes is she tries to do similar themes in every single book.

agreed^ I'm surprised you didn't like it; I'm hooked! :D

Lolet

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on September 03, 2011, 06:00:40 PM
agreed^ I'm surprised you didn't like it; I'm hooked! :D

I thought I would enjoy it, but I didn't like Katniss. She was an odd character. I kept thinking she was a boy for the first part.

she is an odd character but she is such a brave character. (and I LOVE her name. my daughter is going to be named Katniss, I love it so much! :P) some of her actions are strange but eventually you find out why she is like that. I know I couldn't last a fricken' second in The Hunger Games. HRH.

I finished all three books; The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay in six days. I DEVOURED those books lol!

Le'eylan

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Syulang

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

I think Eclipse is the book I disliked the least in the Twilight series. New Moon would be my favorite, or maybe Breaking Dawn.