What are you currently reading?

Started by Yayo, April 30, 2011, 07:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lolet

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on September 06, 2011, 07:04:36 PM
I think Eclipse is the book I disliked the least in the Twilight series. New Moon would be my favorite, or maybe Breaking Dawn.

I have yet to read any. They're always all gone when I get to the library.  :(

Sing You Home. I hate this book, but I'm reading it yet again.  ::)

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

ma Lolet, Google 'Twilight PDF free download'. do that with any book you want; most you will find online. and, hell, if you want, if you can't find a book, PM me the name and author and I'll request it at my.. sorta online book club :P and most likely will be able to get it for ya :D that is how I read the entire Hunger Games trilogy.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Lance R. Casey

I just managed to acquire a mint-condition specimen of Giela giela from 1975. It is a collection of North Sámi poems by Paulus Utsi, one of few published Sámi poets, with parallel Swedish translations. His texts center around the old Sámi way of life, which in turn is centered around the reindeer, and how this life was changed by hydroelectric exploitation -- changes Paulus Utsi himself lived through. Here's a sample that seems fitting this time of year (the book uses an older orthography, which I have updated to present standards):

Vuopmi gollin báitá
   čakča lahkana
   Muorain máihli nohká
   lasta gahččá
   Muohta čohkain čuovgá
   rássi goldná
   Balva áimmus johtá
   beaivváš oatnu
   Ijat guhkkot

My English translation, which differs in some places from the included Swedish one:

The forest shines like gold
   autumn approaches
   In the trees the sap runs out
   the leaf falls
   Snow shines on the mountaintops
   the grass withers
   The cloud moves in the air
   the sun grows shorter
   The nights grow longer

// Lance R. Casey

Le'eylan

Since I tried learning North Sámi and think it's a beautiful language, I'd love to read that.
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Blue Elf

My coleague lend me first volume of Game of thrones / Song of ice and fire. I was surprised how thick this book is; I can read tì'i'avay krrä :D
First feelings are good, the only problem is that I started to read Brisingr a few days ago too, well, I probably break it.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Yayo

Now on The Matlock Paper by Robert Ludlum, the guy who wrote the Jason Bourne Series. It's really good, thus far.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Syulang

Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

ma Syulang, expect Breaking Dawn to be a bit.... weird sometimes, very interesting others, and a bit of an anti-climactic ending. :P

I am re-reading The Hunger Games.
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

'Itan Atxur

I forgot the name of what I'm currently reading :( It's about mice and has the word "Redwall" in it. Definitely a children's book but it's alright so far.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Yayo

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on September 17, 2011, 06:00:58 AM
I forgot the name of what I'm currently reading :( It's about mice and has the word "Redwall" in it. Definitely a children's book but it's alright so far.

Is it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribes_of_Redwall_Mice

Finished The Matlock Paper. One word only. Amazing. Now onto The Hound of the Baskervilles.

*need more Ludlum* *need more Ludlum*

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Clarke

Quote from: Syulang on September 11, 2011, 01:19:12 AM
Breaking Dawn.
I remember reading a chunk of Twilight just see what the fuss was about, and I just found it boring. IMO, Meyer keeps repeating things unnecessarily, which just leaves me thinking "Get on with it!"  :-\

(And I'm currently reading Elephants on Acid, still.)

Amaya

Currently reading the first book of David & Leigh Eddings' "The Dreamers" series... almost done all his stuff, it's taken all summer :'(  I guess once I'm finished that I'll have to catch up on finishing one of the many junky novels strewn around my bed (well okay they're stacked, not strewn  :P :P :P :P :P ) or maybe I'll go on to Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams.  Totally one of my fave books ever that isn't Eddings or Tolkien

Syulang

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on September 13, 2011, 12:54:12 PM
ma Syulang, expect Breaking Dawn to be a bit.... weird sometimes, very interesting others, and a bit of an anti-climactic ending. :P

I am re-reading The Hunger Games.

I have read the twilight series a few times before, so I already know what happens  :P

I just finished Hades, the second book in the Halo series by Alexandra Adornetto. Good series  :)

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

'Itan Atxur

I ditched Redwall because it's just too much of a Children's book for me. Rereading the Tarzan series again.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Syulang

Re-reading The Hunger Games. I finished Hades in like 3-4 hours  ;D

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Just finished Prayers for Bobby by Leroy Aarons. :) An absolutely heart-breaking and wonderful book.

Puvomun

Still in A dance with dragons, (it is almost 1100 pages), closing in on the last 100.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

sevina tireaioang aean

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

sevina tireaioang aean

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on September 21, 2011, 06:36:07 AM
Quote from: sevina tireaioang aean on September 21, 2011, 01:29:13 AM
cesars way ,from cesar millan  :)

This must be cool! :)

its perfect! i love cesar ! when i saw him , i was so happy !! i was on the front row , i hope someday to meet him .. when im going to him and his pack ( i hope ) ... thanks to him , i work with dogs now  :-[