What are you currently reading?

Started by Yayo, April 30, 2011, 07:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyara Arati

I'm not currently reading anything *gasp*!  What will I do with myself? :-\
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Lolet

I just finished the Hunger Games. It was okay, but I don't really understand their enormous popularity. Katniss is supposed to be a strong female character, but I really couldn't tell her apart from the boys.

Syaron

Trying to slog my way thorugh the Jean Auel's "Land of the Painted Caves", the 6th of the Earth's Children series that started 30 years ago with The Clan of the Cave Bear.

SPOILER

I loved her first 3 books, suffered through the 4th, waited hopefully in vain for the 5th, and now this piece of monumental garbage has arrived. Let's see...Ayla does something amazing, everyone oohs and ahhs, they go see yet another painted cave, repeat that tedious Mother poem a thousand times, ride the horses, listen to the wolf howl, repeat ad nauseum...but I AM going to finish the series!

SPOILER

Syaron :-\
Shara

Puvomun

Now reading Book 1 of the Black Magician trilogy: the Magician's Guild, by Trudy Canavan.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

The Hobbit for what must be the 100th time, I never get bored with it.  :)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Yayo

Went to Dymocks today and spent $160,95 on books. I love the Popular Penguins and am attempting to collect all of them. My friend gave me Stephen King's IT for my birthday yesterday. But, as of this moment, I am reading Moby Dick.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

'Itan Atxur

I think I'm gonna refresh myself on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series before the movies come out. It's been too long since I last read them.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txantslusam Skxawng

I am reading a manual of my phone.... the first time I have ever read a manual of a phone and I still can't find what I am looking for.... I am trying to figure out how I can set my voicemail.... I have a Samsung FH480
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Tom Clancy - on life and death (624 p)

Blue Elf

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on May 02, 2011, 10:43:08 AM
ERAGON by Christopher Paolini.

Fantastic book.

I can recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy books.
Agree, also starting to read it again. And others book from this serie too, of course, to refresh them before 4th book come (only 4 month to go!) Best books I ever read.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

'Itan Atxur

Rereading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" because I'm too nervous to start a new book. Also, I want to finish the series again before the movie comes out. I love noticing all the little details I missed the first time :).

Eana Tanhì

I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin.. It's awesome :D

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Txantslusam Skxawng

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 14, 2011, 08:55:15 PM
Rereading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" because I'm too nervous to start a new book. Also, I want to finish the series again before the movie comes out. I love noticing all the little details I missed the first time :).

Why does starting a new book make you nervous? :)

Still reading The Gallows Bird. :D It's getting more intense by the minute, wow! ;)

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on June 15, 2011, 06:51:09 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 14, 2011, 08:55:15 PM

Why does starting a new book make you nervous? :)

Still reading The Gallows Bird. :D It's getting more intense by the minute, wow! ;)

I'm a slow reader and starting a book is a commitment. I really don't like starting a book and quitting half way through so I almost always finish, even when I really don't like the book. I suppose that's my fault but I don't believe you can properly judge a book until you've finished it.

Also, when I go to Barns and Noble I'm completely overwhelmed by the huge selection and don't know where to start  :o

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Oh, I know what you mean! I also have a hard time choosing what book I'm going to read, and I really dislike stopping in the middle of a novel even if I hate it. The good thing, I find, is when one finds a really good author. :) When that happens, choosing other novels from the same author usually turns out to be successful, and it gives a certain security because you kinda know what to expect. :D

'Itan Atxur

I picked up a book called "It Sleeps in Me" a while ago but never started reading it. I suppose I ought to.

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Clarke

Apart from this thread, ( ;D) I'm reading Accelerando, by Charlie Stross, and it's rather weird. (The main character's phoned up by a Russian AI lobster in the first few pages.)

Lolet

To Kill a Mockingbird. Summer reading list.  :P