What are you currently reading?

Started by Yayo, April 30, 2011, 07:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bommel

Metro 2033 by Dmitri Glukhovsky (the game Metro 2033 is based on this book). Just took me a couple of days to read it. Very good IMHO. I think I'll buy Metro 2034 next week :-)

Puvomun

Death of a Kingdom, by M. Edward McNally
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Kekerusey

"1634: The Baltic War" by Eric Flint & David Weber ... continuing the alternate universe ebook series the first two (1632 & 1633 I read as free from Baen eBooks (though 1633 doesn't seem to be free any more). I paid for this one :)

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Stranger Come Knocking

"The Blinding Knife" by Brent Weeks.

Book 2 of Lightbringer ("The Black Prism" #1).  Very good; can't wait to find out the second link between the brothers. :D
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Clarke

The Apocalypse Codex, by Charles Stross.

Here's a description:
QuoteMagic is applied mathematics. The many-angled ones live at the bottom of the Mandelbrot set. Demonology is right after debugging in the dictionary.
It's awesome. And hilarious.  ;)

Stranger Come Knocking

"The Sanctuary" by Ted Dekker (sequel to "The Priest's Graveyard")

Really disappointed in Dekker's writing lately and this is going to be my last book (save for the end of the Books of Mortals).  I really, really want to punch the woman in the face.  And not in the "No!  Don't do it!  It's a trap!"  I mean, I really want to punch her in the face so she dies. *fumes* >:(
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Puvomun

Also started "Song of the fairy queen" by Valerie Douglas.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Yayo

Hi all!
I've been a bit late to get on the A Song of Ice and Fire bandwagon, so to speak, but am on nonetheless! I was wanting to get the first book but my local bookstore only had the film publication, which I didn't want. The availability of each book was limited and were about $19-ish dollars each. I then saw the entire collection in a box set (standard publication for consistency) for $75. I took it up to the counter and the attendant charged me $65 for it. I'm extremely happy. Oddly enough, the fifth book has been split up into two parts when conventionally, it remains as one.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Puvomun

I started reading "Wizard's Pair". You won't find it anywhere so far, it is not published yet.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Clarke

A Demon-Haunted World.

It's a shame Sagan passed away 16 years and 2 days ago.  :'(

Blue Elf

Today I've seen Hobbit in the cinema. Good idea to read it and compare movie with the book. Opening the book just now....
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Blue Elf

Finished comparing written and filmed Hobbit (just part from the movie). They aren't exactly the same (not a problem, no book can be copied 1:1), but film is great.
I want to see Life of Pi too, and heard that book is very good. So I took it to read before the seeing movie. My experience says that it is good to read before see.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Emtokay

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Stranger Come Knocking

"The Art of War" by Sun Tzu

I bought an anthology edition that also includes "The Prince" "On War" and "Instructions to His Generals"
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall

Puvomun

Sherdan's Prophecy, by Jess Mountifield.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Clarke

Quote from: Stranger Come Knocking on January 03, 2013, 04:48:03 PM
"The Art of War" by Sun Tzu

I bought an anthology edition that also includes "The Prince" "On War" and "Instructions to His Generals"
Isn't "The Prince" Machiavelli?  ???

The Second Book of General Ignorance:D

'Itan Atxur

Stephen Kings Under the Dome. I want to like Stephen King but his style really wares on me.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Lance R. Casey

A Memory of Light. After grinding to a halt the series has picked up speed of late, and now the Conclusion® is finally here!

// Lance R. Casey

Stranger Come Knocking

I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall

Plumps

»Melmoth the Wanderer« (Maturin)
»Wilhelm Meisters Lehrjahre« (Goethe)

Before that it was »Cloud Atlas« (Mitchell)

Quote from: 'Ite Atxur on January 18, 2013, 09:32:32 PM
Stephen Kings Under the Dome. I want to like Stephen King but his style really wares on me.

I think then you have to turn to his early work... Those are the good work. But then again, if an author doesn't suit you I think that is totally fine.