What are you currently reading?

Started by Yayo, April 30, 2011, 07:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranger Come Knocking

Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb

Personally, I don't think it's as good as her Six Duchies books; this reads more like a historical fiction than a fantasy. :-/
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Stranger Come Knocking

I, Saul by Jerry B. Jenkins

Just started, but so far very good. :)
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Blue Elf

Nobody reads anything interesting?
Finished first part of EarthSea serie by Ursula Le Guin, second is waiting on the table, together with first part of The Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski.
Currently reading short stories written by Alan Edgar Poe.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toliman

Where Do We Go from Here? by Isaac Asimov  :)

archaic

Hmm, I haven't sat down and read a book in a long while. Most of the books I've looked at recently, have been reference books or manuals.  ???  :-\
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Lance R. Casey

Currently plowing through Peter F. Hamilton's Pandora's Star, the first book of his Commonwealth Saga. I've previously read the Night's Dawn trilogy and the Greg Mandel books by the same author. These things are long! ;)

// Lance R. Casey

moonbeam

I've been reading the Harry Potter books lately. I'm on "Order of the Phoenix" right now.

Click the dragons to give them love!

Rotobull cz

Quote from: moonbeam on November 01, 2016, 10:08:01 PM
I've been reading the Harry Potter books lately. I'm on "Order of the Phoenix" right now.

I loved the fifth book (Order of the Phoenix). I still remember the first time I've read it...
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

moonbeam

Quote from: Rotobull cz on November 02, 2016, 07:15:08 PM
Quote from: moonbeam on November 01, 2016, 10:08:01 PM

I loved the fifth book (Order of the Phoenix). I still remember the first time I've read it...

So far, my favorite is "Chamber of Secrets".

Blue Elf

Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky
Quite interesting book about near future in Moscow after some unspecified events. I'd even say it's not fiction, but reality, which can happen.

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on November 05, 2016, 02:37:30 PM
Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky
Quite interesting book about near future in Moscow after some unspecified events. I'd even say it's not fiction, but reality, which can happen.
I read this before several years. It's really good and interesting  :)

Toliman

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

quite interesting compare it with movie

moonbeam

So, I'll be starting the last Harry Potter book tonight. So many feels. Half-Blood Prince made me cry, and I'll know I cry even more soon.

Blue Elf

George Orwell - 1984.
This book causes frost to run over my back. I'm not sure, whether one who has no experience with totalitarian constitution can understand this book well, but in my country everyone know what it is about. I perfectly understand, why Orwell had problems to publish this book. Same with Animal Farm. Both these books describe reality in some countries at some time more than perfectly.

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 04, 2016, 04:13:09 AM
George Orwell - 1984.
... Animal Farm
I read both and both is really very good and interesting. Moreover, Animal farm is very interesting allegorical novella.

Blue Elf

Andrzej Sapkowski: The Witcher, 2nd book (Sword of Destiny). Very good book of stories. Looking forward to other books of this serie, it's pleasure to read it.

Rotobull cz

Ernest Hemingway - The Old Man and the Sea
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Toliman

Stranger Come Knocking

The Blood Mirror (Lightbringer #4) by Brent Weeks

First three books were awesome.  Weeks created a brilliant world and a (reasonably) believable plot that was supposed to be all brought to bear in book four.  I don't mind it if an author has to break one climactic book into two climactic books, but book four is just...awful.  There's a war going on and nothing is happening.  This book is almost entirely filler and the major plot points and "twists" are completely illogical and even wildly out of character.  Unless book five explains all of this and brings it back full circle, just...I hate it when good books unravel at the very end like this. ;_;
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall

Toliman