What are you currently reading?

Started by Yayo, April 30, 2011, 07:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Quote from: Toliman on July 21, 2017, 03:17:53 AM
Just some scientific articles from astronomy/astrophysics ... hrh
Still this ...

+ also:
Tau Zero by Poul Anderson (quite interesting sci-fi)

Jak Dawsiin

i am currently reading The Whistler, by John Grisham, author of Pelican Brief and other famous novels. good read so far.

Blue Elf

Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Rotobull cz

Stephen King's It

Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Lynxcat

I am currently reading the concept art book for Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - I'm really enjoying it  :)
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Blue Elf

The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Haven't seen movie, but book is good. And even it is serie with second and third  book. Maybe I'll give them eye too.

Toliman

Stranger Come Knocking

Reading two books,

Anishinaabe dimaadjimowinan (Ottawa Stories from the Springs)

Windigo Moon by Robert Downes
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Atkxìn

I have been reading a lot of Brandon Sanderson lately, who writes fantasy novels with some of my favorite characters and magic systems ever. Mistborn is an incredibly good book, and a good one to start with if you've never read his work.

He is currently working on a series of epic fantasy called The Stormlight Archive that is excellent. Similar to The Wheel of Time in scope but with better pacing. If you'd like a good fantasy novel, I recommend almost anything he's written.

Eltusiyu

Rereading the First Confessor by Terry Goodkind. One of my favourite from his post main Saga books. After it, I'm going to reread Isaac Asimov "Foundation" trilogy which is my fav Sci-Fi :)

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Toliman

Quote from: Kxrekorikus on September 18, 2017, 06:28:25 AMAfter it, I'm going to reread Isaac Asimov "Foundation" trilogy which is my fav Sci-Fi :)
Reading this right now. This is my favourite too :)

Eltusiyu

Quote from: Toliman on September 18, 2017, 07:13:16 AM
Quote from: Kxrekorikus on September 18, 2017, 06:28:25 AMAfter it, I'm going to reread Isaac Asimov "Foundation" trilogy which is my fav Sci-Fi :)
Reading this right now. This is my favourite too :)
Nice one!

I think I prefer R. Daneel Olivaw over Seldon but I do enjoy Asimov's Universe. I only skipped the Galactic Empire Trilogy (never had a chance to read it) and the spin off trilogy by another authors about Chaos.

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Toliman

Quote from: Kxrekorikus on September 19, 2017, 10:55:47 PM
I only skipped the Galactic Empire Trilogy (never had a chance to read it) and the spin off trilogy by another authors about Chaos.
I read Galactic Empire Trilogy before two years and it's not bad :)

Blue Elf

Quote from: Blue Elf on September 09, 2017, 01:07:08 PM
The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Haven't seen movie, but book is good. And even it is serie with second and third  book. Maybe I'll give them eye too.
Just doing that - last book in progress. There's also some prequel, but I think I will need to change genre. Dystopia books is not possible to read for too long time.

Rotobull cz

Le Marquis de l'Hospital: Analyse des infiniments petits pour l'intelligence des lignes courbes

Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

Toliman

Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky

(for the second time, before I will read sequel Metro 2034)

Blue Elf

Night Club, part the second (by Jiří Kulhánek). Very action fantasy(?) with vampires and other non-humans. Quite hard to stop reading, good book as a hell.

Toliman

Metro 2034 by Dmitry Glukhovsky, sequel of Metro 2033.

It's very good too however Metro 2033 was a bit better. Now I will read Metro 2035, final part of this post apocalyptic trilogy.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Toliman on October 20, 2017, 04:22:37 PM
Metro 2034 by Dmitry Glukhovsky, sequel of Metro 2033.

It's very good too however Metro 2033 was a bit better. Now I will read Metro 2035, final part of this post apocalyptic trilogy.
IMHO: in ANY multi-logy first book is always the best, or at least I love it best (even when other parts are not worse than first one)

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on October 22, 2017, 09:13:10 AM
IMHO: in ANY multi-logy first book is always the best, or at least I love it best (even when other parts are not worse than first one)
I agree completelly. I don't know any multi-logy where first book would be far more worse then sequels.