What You've Recently Bought

Started by Yayo, October 14, 2011, 01:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yayo

Post here any books/magazines/written texts that you've recently bought or plan on buying.

Last night I bought Area 7 by Matthew Reilly and Black Wind by Clive Cussler.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Puvomun

The latest (e)book I bought is "Heat Rises", by Richard Castle. Yes, the writer in the TV series Castle. :)
I love his books next to the series.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Quote from: Puvomun on October 14, 2011, 02:11:10 AM
The latest (e)book I bought is "Heat Rises", by Richard Castle. Yes, the writer in the TV series Castle. :)

Was also thinking about buying that ... you keep me informed whether it is any good, ok? :D

Yayo

Who is Richard Castle?

*punches "Richard Castle" into Wikipedia*

*reads*

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.

Fictional character - got it.

Yayo on facebook

Puvomun

Quote from: Plumps on October 14, 2011, 02:20:54 AM

Was also thinking about buying that ... you keep me informed whether it is any good, ok? :D

Will do, no worries. If it is as good as the first two books, it is a winner. I plan on reading this one after Heartless, which I am reading at the moment. :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Yayo

I'm wanting to buy The Day of the Triffids and The Great Escape. Has anyone read them? Were they any good?

Yayo on facebook

Human No More

I got my preorder in for Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. More money I probably shouldn't spend, but I need to read it the day it's out! ;D :P
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Syulang

Quote from: Yayo on October 23, 2011, 05:03:32 AM
I'm wanting to buy The Day of the Triffids and The Great Escape. Has anyone read them? Were they any good?

I have read Day of The Triffids. It's a pretty good book, but some bits go on for a long time and are a bit boring. But I reccomend you read it, it's worth it.  :)
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Yayo

I bought it but it's intended as a gift for my friend. It was really hard to wrap it. :P

Yayo on facebook

Seze Mune

Quote from: Puvomun on October 14, 2011, 03:04:00 AM
Quote from: Plumps on October 14, 2011, 02:20:54 AM

Will do, no worries. If it is as good as the first two books, it is a winner. I plan on reading this one after Heartless, which I am reading at the moment. :)

Holy Ikran, ma Puvomun, with all the other things you're doing, just when do you even have time to read?!?  ???

Puvomun

Quote from: Seze Mune on November 05, 2011, 10:06:49 AM
Holy Ikran, ma Puvomun, with all the other things you're doing, just when do you even have time to read?!?  ???
Before I go to sleep. :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Seze Mune

Quote from: Puvomun on November 05, 2011, 11:02:09 AM
Quote from: Seze Mune on November 05, 2011, 10:06:49 AM
Before I go to sleep. :)

Nga hahaw?   ;)

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Seze Mune

阿波

A nearly four year necropost :)
Getting books in foreign languages, particularly in mostly monolingual countries, seems to be a bit difficult/expensive. So I couldn't pass on the occasion to visit the 誠品書店, with it being less than a kilometre away ;D
What I bought:

• 安德闇影-I haven't finished the Xenocide, but according to XKCD it wasn't the best one any way :)
  • 教父-I listened to the first 2-3 hours of the e-book, which I hope will help.
  • 儒家與韋伯的五個對話
  • 鋼筆草,行,隸書範本-I've been looking for something like that for ages :D
  • 莊子-I haven't had a good look at it yet, but I think it's a bilingual text of the book associated with the (probably my favourite) Taoist philosopher, of the same name. Contains the original text, and a modern version.
All of these for less than US 50$, and I don't even have to wait a month or more to get them :D

moonbeam

I bought the TMNT and Batman crossover comic a few days ago, and it's really rad.

Click the dragons to give them love!