Whats your favorite book?

Started by 'Itan Atxur, June 14, 2011, 09:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

I just went through all the topics and was surprised this one wasn't already made. Anyways, what's your favorite book and why?

For me there's no one book that's miles ahead of the rest like there is for movies (Avatar  8)). But for the sake of this topic, I'm going to go with The Girl who Played with Fire simply because the main character kicks more ass than Jake and Neytiri combined (blasphemy, I know!!).

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Puvomun

That is a tough one. I read several genres, and each one has a favourite book.

Let me toss in one (set of four) that I find the greatest:
A Song of Ice and Fire (a.k.a. Game of Thrones), by George Martin.
It is epic, spans a world, where all characters are very distinct and real, and none of them is all good or all bad. It is amazing, captivating and makes you want to run to the next page.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Lolet

World War Z. It's easy to understand and doesn't overdo the creepiness.

The only problem is that every time I read it, I have a very long, boring nightmare about zombies.  ::)

'Itan Atxur

"Boring" and "Nightmare" in the same sentence. I must say that is a first! :D

Txantslusam Skxawng

De Stille Zonde - Lieneke Dijzeul

I had to read it for school, I didn't liked it a first, but I did liked it after reading some more. It took a lot of pages before it actually had some progress and I am a slow reader ( in books I am a slow reader, since I don't like reading books :P )
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 15, 2011, 04:41:43 AM

hrh mllte. ;)

For me, it's also difficult to choose, but I think I'd have to go with Tolkien's The Silmarillion. :) I can't even begin to express how incredibly fascinated and happy that book made me feel. :D

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on June 15, 2011, 06:49:32 AM

hrh mllte. ;)

For me, it's also difficult to choose, but I think I'd have to go with Tolkien's The Silmarillion. :) I can't even begin to express how incredibly fascinated and happy that book made me feel. :D

Damn! My Dad hated that book so much I've avoided it at all costs! I'm totally gonna have to check it out because I hate thinking that I'm done with the series!

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 15, 2011, 11:49:26 AM
Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on June 15, 2011, 06:49:32 AM

hrh mllte. ;)

Damn! My Dad hated that book so much I've avoided it at all costs! I'm totally gonna have to check it out because I hate thinking that I'm done with the series!

Yes, I also know some people who really disliked it.. :o But I found it incredible. :) I guess you can try it and see how it goes! :D Though, I must tell you that it's really different from the LotR trilogy. Because it's not a complete story narrative, but rather a historical account of many important events and characters of Tolkien's mythology.