International / Multilingual > Česky (Czech)

Dotaz - překlad?

(1/9) > >>

Tìtstewan:
Kaltxì ayngaru!

Oeru txoa livu fwa oe pamrel sivi nìÌnglìsì fìtsenge. :-[

I will ask for the possibility to translate my The Na'vi Number System script to Czech language?
I want to make my files multilingual, so may it would be great.

If is anyone interested in, please let me know.

Irayo ulte Eywa ayngahu!
 - ta Tìtstewan

Blue Elf:

--- Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 06, 2013, 10:46:59 am ---Kaltxì ayngaru!

Oeru txoa livu fwa oe pamrel sivi nìÌnglìsì fìtsenge. :-[

I will ask for the possibility to translate my The Na'vi Number System script to Czech language?
I want to make my files multilingual, so may it would be great.

If is anyone interested in, please let me know.

Irayo ulte Eywa ayngahu!
 - ta Tìtstewan

--- End quote ---
I'm afraid there is not enough active people who can do that. Currently I'm very busy, so neither I can look at it. Anyway, numbers are covered well in Czech grammar too.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DwUAhjUeu9VYlBBzMkKh_bb2CDpAYXZkICrELhwJtZY/preview?pli=1#heading=h.1f64a4396688

Tìtstewan:
Kaltxì Blue Elf

No problem. Just do it if you have enough time for it. ;)
Irayo for this link. :D

Eywa ngahu!

hemmond:
If it is only translation, I might be helpful. :) I was translating avatray into czech and one other app. :) I like translating this kinds of projects. :) Just send me PM with what you need to translate and I'll look into it. :)

Tìtstewan:
Kaltxì ma Hemmond!

Nice! First, which language do you prefer? I have it currently in German, English, French, Russian, Hungarian and Dutch. (I guess you wish the English version)
Spoiler: thisThe Na'vi Number System

Preface:
Kaltxì ma smuktu!
I came up with the idea to write a little "How to use the Na'vi Number System". :)
I got everything from the Na'vi-German Dictionary, Na'vi - Grammar and Rules, and Horen Lì'fyayä leNa'vi then summarized here. :)
Here I discuss only the numerical system of the Na'vi language and I hope that this is clearly written.
This post is a translation of the German version (that I wrote).

The Na'vi knows an octal number system with the base eight.
Instead of numbers of the form of m x 10 + n, in Na'vi, one uses numbers of the form m x 8 + n. For example, 4 x 8 + 4 = 448.
3610 and 448 are equivalent.
Note: The subscript numbers indicate the base of the number system.

Let's start with the basic numbers of the Na'vi:

Basic Numbers

Number       Na’vi                Basic     Rest 0kew    1'aw  -aw2muneme--mun3pxeypxe--pey4tsìngtsì--sìng5mrrmrr--mrr6pukappu--fu7kinäki--hin8vol

If you want to use numbers greater than eight, it is done as follows:

nine      volaw      vol + -aw      ->  8 + 1tenvomunvo(l) + -mun->  8 + 2
Note: The l from vol falls off if the part after starts with a consonant.

A similar thing is done if you want to say numbers greater than fifteen.
In this case, the follownig scheme is used:
Basic + vol + Rest

thirty-two     tsìvoltsì- + volfour times 84 x 108fifty-threepuvomrr      pu- + vo(l) + -mrr     six times 8 + 5     6 x 108 + 5
Here is a table:
old gallery link?id=4829[/img]

Note: If you encounter a double m when building numbers, one of them must be removed.

In the table are also numbers greater than 6410. 6410 is equivalent to 1008.

sixty-fivezamaw      zam + -aw      6410 + 1    1008 + 1sixty-eightzamsìngzam + -sìng6410 + 41008 + 4

Big Numbers

Here is a table:
old gallery link?id=4830[/img]

To write larger numbers, one uses the following scheme:
Basic + X + Y + Rest, such that X can be zam, vozam or zazam and Y can be Basic + vol.

three-hundred-eighty-fourpuzampu- + zamseven times  6438410 6008 6  x  10086  x  6410four-hundred-sixty-one  kizamvomrr    ki- + zam + vo + -mrr   seven times  64  +  8  +  546110 7158 7  x  1008 +  108 +  57  x  6410 +  810 +  5four-hundred-ninety-eightkizampuvomun  ki- + zam + pu- + vo + -mun   seven times  64 + six times  8 + 249810 7628 7  x  1008 +  6  x  108 +  27  x  6410 +  6  x  810 +  2
If you want to try to say or write a greater number, it's not currently possible because a new word is needed for 32768 (1000008) and any higher power of 8.

Using The Numbers

The numbers are used as adjectives.
Examples:
5 trees --> mrra utral / utral amrr      -> Number + a <- which refers to the noun.
14 people --> vofua tawtute / tawtute avofu

And then we write it as a figure:
5 trees --> °5a utral / utral a5°      -> ° + digit + a <- which refers to the noun.
14 people --> °16a tawtute / tawtute a16°

The degree symbol ° indicates that the number means as octal, so as an alternative to the subscript 8 } X8.

Non-Na’vi Numbers

The Na'vi has two loanwords among its numbers from English. These would be 'eyt and nayn.
Use these not for counting (whoever does will be eaten by Palulukan!  :)), but as digits. For example, phone numbers, license plates, IDs, etc.

Ordinal Numbers

The ordinal numbers are formed by the suffix -ve.

See the table:
old gallery link?id=4831[/img]

Repetitions

Number of repetitions (For ex. five times, seven times, etc.) expressed about the word alo,
which is used as a noun:

five times: alo amrr / mrra alo
six times: alo apukap / pukapa alo

This can also develop:
fifth time: alo amrrve / mrrvea alo
sixth time: alo apuve / puvea alo

Valid words:
   one time: 'awa alo / alo a'aw      (almost always shortened to 'awlo)
   two times: munea alo / alo amune   (almost always shortened to melo)
   three times: pxeya alo / alo apxey   (almost always shortened to pxelo)

Fractions

Fractions are formed with the help of -pxì,
except half and third.

halfmawlsixthpupxìthirdpanseventhkipxìfourthtsìpxìeighthvopxìfifthmrrpxìninthvolawpxì
Special writing: mefan is two-thirds (Dual of pan).

Note: Fractions are treated as nouns

To make higher fractions, combine a number with a fraction. Note that you have to use the number like an adjective – so use a attribute.

munea mrrpxì - two fifths
kinäa vopxì - seven eighths

Useful Info
Here is a link to LearnNavi.org Numbers
A PDF file is attached at this post.

Now the PDF files are avaliablle at the LearnNavi.org website!
http://learnnavi.org/media/

Final word:
So, I hope that this post is helpful.
Sources: Dictionary: Na'vi - German, the Na'vi - Grammar and Rules and Horen Lì'fyayä leNa'vi

Please let me know if you find errors or have suggestions for improvement - Irayo!

- ta Tìtstewan

But better you work with the original file, so which MS Office suit do you have? 2010, 2007 or 2003? Or should I create a 'translating list'?
However, it is great to do this. :D

Edit:
How do you say 26284 in Czech?

Eywa ngahu!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version