All-In-One Networked Printer

Started by Kekerusey, January 18, 2011, 04:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kekerusey

OK,

So I needed to buy a scanner that is Windows 7 compatible (I have a Canon LIDE20 which doesn't appear to be Win 7 64bit compatible) so, I figured, I could be in the market for a new printer/scanner thing ... a networked one.

We have 3 main computers (plus a couple of portables) ... currently we have a networked LaserJet 6P for standard printing (dirt cheap prints) and a Canon IX4000 A3 colour inkjet networked via my NAS for colour (secondary printer) but I'm interested in a networked device for both printing, scanning and possibly for photocopy. I don't care about wireless since I have had-wired network all over but"nice to have" features might be auto-duplex printing, multi-page scanner input tray and photo printing direct from camera or SD card.

What I would like is recommendations if anyone has any?

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Seze

I have an HP OfficeJet 8500.  It works pretty well for me.  There are a few different versions of the 8500, the bare bones version, which is the one I have, only has a wired interface, ethernet and usb.  They make wireless ones as well, and ones with fancy touch screens.  Also, there are a few companies out there that sell continuous ink supply systems, which really help with cutting the cost of ink.  The one I use is made by Adaptive Ink.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Swoka Ikran

Watch out when looking for one of these...not all network-capable units let you use the scanner over the network.

Friend of mine has one that's like that. His can print over the network and make copies (using the unit's on-board display), but you need a USB connection if you want to use the scanner for anything beyond copies (both him and me found this odd...it's supposed to be a wireless printer. At least he set it up next to a PC...)
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Kekerusey

Kaltxì ma meylan,

The ones I am most seriously considering at present are:

* Canon MX340 4204B008AA
* HP Officejet 6500A Inkjet e-All-in-One Printer   
* HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer C410B

The C410B is probably my favourite right now but I haven't been able to figure if any of them can scan wirelessly ... my assumption is that the Photosmart can because an earlier model (2 years old) could.

Keke

Seze

I can scan over the network with the HP OfficeJet 8500 using my Mac, I would assume that it would support Windows as well...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Kekerusey

Quote from: Seze on January 19, 2011, 06:54:49 PM
I can scan over the network with the HP OfficeJet 8500 using my Mac, I would assume that it would support Windows as well...

Kaltxì ma Seze

Keke

Kekerusey

So I just bought the HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer C410B ... hasn't arrived yet but it gets good reviews.

Thx for all the advice :)

Keke