Found an interesting program on Steam (not a game).

Started by BlueHusky2154, August 09, 2015, 12:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueHusky2154

Today I was browsing the Steam store, because I am a PC gamer, and there are lots of things to discover.
On topic, I found a program called Facerig. It overlays your webcam with a 3D high quality virtual model using real time facial tracking. It comes with furry models, but from what I can see, no sign of any Na'vi models, which I need to make my gaming videos, since I don't like showing my real face online.

Pros: Models and textures can be imported, and you can stream it to Skype and Twitch as well as game recorders.
Cons: Very resource demanding, requires a good CPU, high end graphics card, and at least 2 GB of RAM.

My plan is, that someone can make a multiple Na'vi models and textures in Blender or something and import it to Facerig, so we can have a Na'vi Skype call, or use it to make videos with facecam.

Things needed:
-HQ Na'vi models so it looks super realistic
-HQ Na'vi textures so you look even more realistic, and we NEED bioluminescent markings, because I play games in the dark.
-Animations (for facial movements and movable ears  :D )
-MAYBE: A full-body model, texture and animations, because when I play horror games, I will fly back into my seat. I want to capture that instead of screwing up the facial model. And a wiggly tail.  ;D

Here is the link to the program --> http://store.steampowered.com/app/274920/
This costs money. 14.99 USD and 64.99 USD for the DLC.

May I wish everyone who buys it good luck running it!
May I wish the people who will model, texture, and animate good luck on that super hard job!

~TEAgaming2154
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

BlueHusky2154

UPDATE:
Found this FREE program where I can easily create full body character models and textures.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/257400/?snr=1_5_9__300
;)
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

*ngaytxoa for necropost*

It suprise me that I have not noticed this thread yet...

I know about this programme for some time and I've had it since March.

I played with it a bit and tested most of the features - surprisingly, everything worked more or less fine, the programme use quite a lot of performance tho.

Quote from: TEAgaming2154 on August 09, 2015, 12:31:57 AM
My plan is, that someone can make a multiple Na'vi models and textures in Blender or something and import it to Facerig, so we can have a Na'vi Skype call, or use it to make videos with facecam.
I had same idea back in the May. I did some research about how to make simple model in Blender and import it to Facerig - I still have somewhere the usefull thread from their official foruma and from steam forum - However, i didn't even finish it mostly because making model takes tonnes and tonnes of time for only face. On the other hand, I made a simple prop which worked quite well so all you need is some skill in Blender and knowing what to do.

btw From most tutorials about 3D modeling, easiest way to do good model is by creating it by properly scaled picture of what you're modeling in front and side view. (view spoiler fo better understanding)

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h