How foolish can fko get?

Started by 'Oma Tirea, March 24, 2011, 08:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Oma Tirea

Saw a link like this in the ToS IRC chat: http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/

I kinda HRRH'd :P

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

bommel

This is a great site, thanks for the link :)

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Swoka Ikran

Old, but still funny :D :D I spent a few late nights last summer reading this site...

Interestingly, this was also recently posted by someone on another (non-Avatar) board I belong to...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

akiwiguy

I posted that on #TreeOfSouls. You can all thank me now.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on March 25, 2011, 01:21:45 AM
I posted that on #TreeOfSouls. You can all thank me now.

Sran you did... can't quite recall what you were doing tsakrr...

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

'Oma Tirea

TSe, any other funny, hilarious, or keytsyokx-seykusi computer stories out there from our fellow LN eylan?

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

bommel

This site contains pictures of people unable to build computers (we call it DAU "Dümmster Anzunehmender User" - sth. like dumbest computer users living on this planet): DAU Alaram
It's in German but you can still have a look at the pictures (click "Gallery" and then select a category. I guess you will know what it is as soon as you see it)

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: bommel on April 13, 2011, 02:14:54 AM
This site contains pictures of people unable to build computers (we call it DAU "Dümmster Anzunehmender User" - sth. like dumbest computer users living on this planet): DAU Alaram
It's in German but you can still have a look at the pictures (click "Gallery" and then select a category. I guess you will know what it is as soon as you see it)
The ZIF socket getting trashed is understandable (I've seen it done), as are the trace damages from screwdriver slippage, but I wonder about some of those.

The expansion slots getting destroyed like that makes me wonder.

And the pic where the Intel chipset fell off...

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Eanikran

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 13, 2011, 01:39:54 PM
The ZIF socket getting trashed is understandable (I've seen it done), as are the trace damages from screwdriver slippage, but I wonder about some of those.

I didn't do anything, it just fell off

bommel

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on April 13, 2011, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 13, 2011, 01:39:54 PM

yeah, that's what most customers will say ^^

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: bommel on April 13, 2011, 03:13:40 PM
Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on April 13, 2011, 02:18:46 PM
yeah, that's what most customers will say ^^
Most likely...

Also, when I was in tech school, we did work for the public. The most common problem description I was given was "doesn't work". A lot of those "doesn't work" systems DID work, and were just slow.

bommel

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 13, 2011, 08:00:45 PM
Also, when I was in tech school, we did work for the public. The most common problem description I was given was "doesn't work". A lot of those "doesn't work" systems DID work, and were just slow.
Oh, I know the "doesn't work" stuff ^^

"Dude, my Internet doesn't work!!!" - "Uh, did you check your connection?" - "What connection? I have a Pentium!" - "o0"

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: bommel on April 14, 2011, 12:40:05 AM
"Dude, my Internet doesn't work!!!" - "Uh, did you check your connection?" - "What connection? I have a Pentium!" - "o0"
I've heard similar stuff...

We had a guy who brought a system in because he wanted software installed. The system: A recent model Dell running Vista. The software: An ancient version of Office...on 5.25" floppies. :o

bommel

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 14, 2011, 03:29:45 PM
Quote from: bommel on April 14, 2011, 12:40:05 AM
I've heard similar stuff...

We had a guy who brought a system in because he wanted software installed. The system: A recent model Dell running Vista. The software: An ancient version of Office...on 5.25" floppies. :o
*shiver*

Damn, my dad still uses such drives ^^

Sіr. Ηaxalot

"Back in the days when the floppy disks where actually floppy" ;D

Random fact: In the city where I go to school there is a street called "Floppydisk street".

bommel

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on April 14, 2011, 03:41:13 PM
"Back in the days when the floppy disks where actually floppy" ;D

Random fact: In the city where I go to school there is a street called "Floppydisk street".
hrh ^^

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: bommel on April 14, 2011, 03:36:16 PM
*shiver*

Damn, my dad still uses such drives ^^
Why?

I do have 2 systems capable of reading them (and an envelope full of blank disks): A Pentium 2 with Win98, and an AMD "586" (basically a P1 clone) with DOS 6.22/WFWG 3.11.

Anyone remember the combo drives that fit in a single 5.25" bay and read both 3.5" and 5.25" disks?

bommel

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 14, 2011, 04:04:36 PM
Why?

I do have 2 systems capable of reading them (and an envelope full of blank disks): A Pentium 2 with Win98, and an AMD "586" (basically a P1 clone) with DOS 6.22/WFWG 3.11.

Anyone remember the combo drives that fit in a single 5.25" bay and read both 3.5" and 5.25" disks?
Still have some old SW (and old HW of course) ;)
And we had such a combo drive but it broke some years ago...