How to Build a Shadow Internet

Started by Seze Mune, February 24, 2012, 10:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze Mune

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on March 06, 2012, 03:51:21 PM
Quote from: Seze Mune on March 05, 2012, 04:46:16 PM
Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on March 05, 2012, 04:15:19 PM
Quote from: Human No More on March 04, 2012, 05:36:17 PM
There's nothing to stop people from setting up a darknet - it requires a moderate level of technical skill, but nothing amazing, especially with all the brilliant free software out there. Protocols such as BGP make it a lot easier.

Yeah, until sumeone f*** up their BGP setting and brings down a large part of the network.

Um.....that would be me.   :-[   :-X

And that's why people who configure those things in the backbone today is required to have a CCIE Certificate. An error while configuring global routing could lead to a router telling all the other routers that it knows a route that is much better than their existing and all the other routers will listen, even if the route isn't actually working.

Sounds like router religion to me.  No offense intended.

Human No More

No, it's like tying hundreds of people's feet together. Someone falls over, problems.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Seze Mune

Quote from: Human No More on March 06, 2012, 06:29:52 PM
No, it's like tying hundreds of people's feet together. Someone falls over, problems.

Distressing, but wildly amusing. ;D

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

You get a hick-up in the system abd the whole thing can crash then it's time to break out the paper or comp schematic and find where it bottled up. not a fun prospect in a simple network classroom let along a broad system that can spam continents, towers and countries.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates