JRE 6 Won't Work, and Oracle Won't Respond

Started by guest2859, October 09, 2011, 04:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

Yeah...

Maybe someone could help me with this? I've messed with all Java settings, and no one else is helping.

In regards to Minecraft, which closes out because the JRE won't activate.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

have you problem with Java? If so, have you tried to update it?

bommel

I had a quick look and it looks like the error is caused inside the OpenGL wrapper system.

And this
QuoteC  [atioglx1.dll+0x3fb4c7]
is the OpenGL part of your ATI graphics driver. So my guess would be it is a bug inside the graphics driver, not Java...

guest2859

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on October 09, 2011, 04:28:51 PM
have you problem with Java? If so, have you tried to update it?

Numerous times, have tried JRE 7-2, JRE 6-27, and just went with repetition after repetition, but nothing works.

@bommel, freakin lovely. I'll try updating.

bommel

bommel

what kind of graphics card do you have and which driver do you use?

guest2859

Radeon 9250, the driver came the CD, and windows says it's the latest driver

bommel

I don't trust Windows when it comes to detecting driver versions ;)

Is it this version (ATI Catalyst 6.11)?

guest2859

bommel

If it doesn't work I'm afraid they won't fix it because it is too old (according to AMD's website it's from 2006). However, it is still possible that Minecraft or the OpenGL wrapper inside Java is buggy, too.

guest2859

Nope, nothing's working. The Java appears in the tray for just under a minute when using Minecraft online, but then just dies. Then I tried Java's online version detection, and no information showed up, so I think it might be something in regards to what you did say.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Apparantly your card support OpenGL 1.3. Minecraft minimum seems to be OpenGL 1.4. I wouldn't expect a fix for that card.

Human No More

That's an extremely old card :P
Time for an upgrade.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Human No More on October 13, 2011, 01:53:26 PM
That's an extremely old card :P
Time for an upgrade.
Agreed. The 9250 is very obsolete. As Haxalot said, maximum OGL support for a 9250 appears to be v1.3. MC needs 1.4. Also, the 9250 isn't DX9 compliant.

Time to start searching for an upgrade. :(
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

guest2859

Well, I'm still searching for a working motherboard with PCIe and DDR-SDRAM so I can get all my memory and decent graphics, but that's not going to fall in my lap like all the other computers have lately

bommel

You won't find that new. I've bought mine on ebay and it was pretty expensive.

Swoka Ikran

Motherboards with DDR RAM and PCI-e are indeed a bit hard come by nowadays...everything is DDR2 or DDR3.

I got a 2006 eMachines with this config off the curb back in March. You might want to see if anyone is throwing away 2005-2007 year PCs near you, because I've seen a lot of PCs from that time-frame with this configuration.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Memory are cheap as hell, you can easily get 4GB of memory for half the price of a decent motherboard. The question is, what socket do you need?

guest2859