more help with my computer

Started by guest6785, May 20, 2011, 01:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest6785

So,my permission error is fixed now.
http://forum.learnnavi.org/computer-science/my-computer-doesnt-recognise-me/
but I still have this very annoying problem with my computer,and it's getting very common.
sometimes,when I log in,It takes a long time to load,and then the screen is all a black screen with my mouse in it.I tried to start task manager to find the problem,And I found that the desktop exe is missing,or something like that.this problem also happens in safe mode(all),and has been happening way before the permission error incident.
plzzz help! :'( :'(

Sіr. Ηaxalot

As recomended in the other thread, save all important files on a safe location and reformat your computer. That will give you a fresh start.

Human No More

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on May 20, 2011, 06:38:24 AM
As recomended in the other thread, save all important files on a safe location and reformat your computer. That will give you a fresh start.
Seconded. Your OS install is going to keep having problems. You COULD try a repair install like I mentioned in your other thread, but it would be better off to just backup and reinstall.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Swoka Ikran

Also agreed.

WHS2011 leaves significant damage behind when you remove it on Vista/7 (XP isn't so bad...I've fully fixed it several times on that OS). Chasing down and fixing all of it would be very time-consuming, if even possible.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Kamean

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on May 20, 2011, 12:39:26 PM
Also agreed.
I too. Unfortunately, over time, Windows starts to behave like that. That's why I refused it.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Technowraith

A reformat or a System Restore. To absolutely clean the problem, a re-format is recommended.

If your system didn't come with a recovery disk, it means there's a built in recovery back-up of your system from when it left the factory. Depending on the particular brand of computer, you'll find that the activation of this recovery backup tends to differ across brands. Read your computer's documentation or instructions on how to access and execute the system recovery.

What system recovery will do:

-Reformat the hard disk. You will LOSE ALL SAVED DATA AND FILES! Back-up what you don't want to lose before you do this.
-Reinstall or repair the operating system
-Return the computer back to it's default state when it left the factory. You will need to re-apply any operating system updates, reinstall and update any current anti-virus/malware programs, update any device drivers to their current versions, restore any data files you backed up by copying them back from the storage media to the hard disk.

If you want to do a COMPLETE format (or there is no System Recovery options available), before you format, obtain the latest versions of all your device drivers (sound card, video card, printer, if needed, motherboard drivers and chipset drivers. You will LOSE all these drivers during the reformat. The motherboard and chipset drivers you may not lose, but it's good to have a set of them in case you do. Add these drivers to the files you want backed up off the hard disk).

You will most likely need a full version of the OS install disk to re-install the operating system. The reason an upgrade disk may not work is that the upgrade disks only change the existing core system files. When you format, you lose "those existing core system files." Borrow a full version OS install from a friend if you don't have one. (If you happen have a full version OS install disc from a previous version of the OS, install the older OS than upgrade. For example: Full version install disc for Windows Vista, and you have a Windows 7 upgrade disc, install VISTA, then immediately upgrade to 7.)

Format the hard disc, then install the operating system. Install any drivers you need to install. You may find that when you first start up, Windows uses generic drivers. That's ok to get you up and running, but you should install the correct drivers for everything to make sure your hardware works 100%.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Human No More

Quote from: Kamean on May 20, 2011, 02:42:03 PM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on May 20, 2011, 12:39:26 PM
Also agreed.
I too. Unfortunately, over time, Windows starts to behave like that. That's why I refused it.
It's always the user's fault, or accumulation from programs. Trust me, I've kept PCs running for far longer than most people. Contrary to popular belief, software does not decay over time.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Human No More on May 26, 2011, 06:20:40 PM
Trust me, I've kept PCs running for far longer than most people. Contrary to popular belief, software does not decay over time.
A friend of mine has a 2002 PC that's still running the original install of XP.

If you maintain the thing (and the user isn't a skxawng), an OS will last.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

guest6785

I also seems to me that newer OS take more weight on the computer,than older generations of the OS,I think.
By the way,I think i need to go easy on my computer,or maybe it's a a virus. :-\

Kamean

If you suspect viruses - run full system scan. And use good antivirus and firewall.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Technowraith

Quote from: oe munge hrrap on May 28, 2011, 03:41:05 AM
I also seems to me that newer OS take more weight on the computer,than older generations of the OS,I think.
By the way,I think i need to go easy on my computer,or maybe it's a a virus. :-\

If you have a real old computer (circa 2006 or earlier) you may to consider upgrading. If your computer is even 3 or 4 years old, the pace of software demands for today's programs is probably at your computer's max ability. While you can still run programs, you're putting a high strain on the hardware, and program performance suffers greatly. Basic upgrades like adding memory or a bigger hard disk can help, but the core upgrades that truly solve the problem involve motherboard, processor and sometimes videocard upgrades. (My system is 6 years old, but it still run some of today's games on low settings. I do plan on upgrading soon, as I will be moving on to newer games and such in the near future. Games that I can't run on a pc that's 6 years old. LoL
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm