my computer doesn't recognise me

Started by guest6785, May 12, 2011, 10:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest6785

never tried linux...
my friend has it.HE say's it's like a blend of mac and windows.Some people get hooked on it alot.

My mac is one most-unreliable piece of machinery in my house.It crashes every 4-7 days.i dis-like macs because they are always one product,unlike PC's,where you can upgrade,assemble,and fix yourself.but,it is one of the fastest computers in my house(I use the microsoft compact mouse with the macbook ;D)

windows;lived with it since childhood,and is the most flexible OS to me.Though,it seems slightly slower and weaker than the others,and has virus prevention flaws.

guest6785

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on May 17, 2011, 11:58:48 AM
Good to hear you got it fixed :) :D

Irayo for the cookie. :)

the bad thing is,Avast "free"edition isn't fully free,and that's why i got Advanced system care.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: oe munge hrrap on May 17, 2011, 12:05:14 PM
the bad thing is,Avast "free"edition isn't fully free,and that's why i got Advanced system care.
Yeah. I tried Avast a little while back and didn't like it. I've never used Advanced System Care.

Personally, I use AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials (depends on the system).
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Kamean

There are many Linux distributions. Already there are quite friendly: Ubuntu, Mandriwa or MagOS. And Linux is not afraid of viruses and also free.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Niwantaw

Quote from: Kamean on May 17, 2011, 01:58:29 PM
There are many Linux distributions. Already there are quite friendly: Ubuntu, Mandriwa or MagOS. And Linux is not afraid of viruses and also free.
Ubuntu was awful when I used it.

Windows has the huge advantage of being nearly bomb proof as it will run on some really unstable systems and as long as you look after it it will generally fix itself.
I use microsoft security essentualy on my main comp and actually pay for mcaffe on my netbook because I would kinda be screwed if it packed in. also it wasn't very expensive with the comp.
Only mostly AWOL.

Kamean

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
The question of which OS is better is the same as that debate about what is best revolver or pistol. Еveryone will be right. Рraising his system he will be kept in mind: it is best for me.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Human No More

Linux would be great, except for the fact that nothing supports it :P
Saying 'Linux is secure' is being misleading though - Linux is FULL OF opportunities to make mistakes. Someone with average skill and an AV on Windows will be more secure than someone who doesn't know what they are doing on Linux. There also is malware for Linux, something many hardcore fans don't admit, even if it is very rare.

Avast is a good AV, arguably the best of the free ones along with MSE, but I'd recommend NOD32 as a better one.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Human No More on May 20, 2011, 08:40:08 AM
Linux would be great, except for the fact that nothing supports it :P
Saying 'Linux is secure' is being misleading though - Linux is FULL OF opportunities to make mistakes. Someone with average skill and an AV on Windows will be more secure than someone who doesn't know what they are doing on Linux. There also is malware for Linux, something many hardcore fans don't admit, even if it is very rare.

Avast is a good AV, arguably the best of the free ones along with MSE, but I'd recommend NOD32 as a better one.

There's malware for all OSes, the problem is that in both OS X and Linux you have to give your password to the malware to allow it to do serious damage. Technically you need to do this in Vista / 7 too if you have UAC enabled, but since so many programmers haven't really followed good coding standards those messages have been a little too common...

Also, for security I think that Mac OS X have the worst security. You may gain access to all OSes if you use a Live CD or something like that to gain access to the System disk (unless it's fully encrypted), but Mac OS X is the only OS where you don't need any Live CD. You may change the password on any account with 4 commands in the 'safe-mode'..

OnT: Seeing how You've got more problems I'd say that a reformat is the best option. The problems will keep coming and it's very hard and time consuming to clean it all.