General Discussion > Computer Science

My PC died!

<< < (2/4) > >>

TEAgaming2154:

--- Quote from: Vawmataw on March 28, 2017, 04:12:46 pm ---I think your computer had a respectable age. 12 years, that's a lot.

--- Quote ---Grand Total: $350 USD
--- End quote ---
Way better than a brand new $1000 tower.

--- End quote ---
Yeah. It died with honor. 12 years of service, starting with Roller Coaster Tycoon and ending with Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Salvaged parts are usable. Currently waiting on new MSI motherboard, Intel Core i3-6100 6th gen 3.7 Ghz, 8GB of RAM, and a new case with blue LEDs to come in the mail.
Also, I need an honorary name for the new build. I'm thinking "The PC of Souls," because of the Avatar-esqe blue glow of the new case.
The great-great-great-grandfather of modern gaming, my respectable Nintendo Entertainment System, will also be there to witness the first boot-up of the new build.

Toliman:

--- Quote from: Vawmataw on March 28, 2017, 04:12:46 pm ---I think your computer had a respectable age. 12 years, that's a lot.

--- End quote ---
O.o
yeah, 12 years is really a lot and respectable age.

TEAgaming2154:

--- Quote from: Toliman on March 29, 2017, 04:04:53 am ---

--- End quote ---
O.o
yeah, 12 years is really a lot and respectable age.

--- End quote ---
I pushed the thing to its limits. With only 1 gigabyte of DDR2 RAM and an Intel Pentium 4, I managed to get even newer games like Minecraft (which wants 4 GB of RAM) to run at a decent framerate. I also got 20 FPS out of Unigine Valley Benchmark at maximum settings.

Rotobull cz:
And you'll put together a new PC from components?

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
I'd stick an at least 1 TB spinning disk in there as well. Spinning disk storage is cheap right now, and doesn't 'wear out' the same way an SSD does.

What was corroded on your old MB? Water cooling? Capacitors? (Any capacitors bulging/ruptured?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version