Getting jMemorize to work on Windows OS platform?

Started by Taronyu Leleioae, November 11, 2012, 05:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu Leleioae

Has anyone been successful lately in getting jMemorize to work on a Windows OS using the LN word lists?  The program itself runs fine, but when I go to import the .tsv word list, it just errors out immediately.  I dug around the forums.  Found you set your character set to UTF-8.  Thinking that it might just be the english file, I tried the german file but received same results.

I open the program (v1.3.0).  I go to "Import".  Select .tsv file.  Then select the dictionary file.  Then select the UTF-8 character set as recommended elsewhere.  Then I get an error.

(Sample error.)

Ver 1.3.0  (200803122134) - Java 1.7.0_09 , OS Windows XP
java.io.IOException: Unknown header column: 'ampi
   at jmemorize.gui.swing.actions.file.ImportTSVAction.doImport(Unknown Source)
   at jmemorize.gui.swing.actions.file.AbstractImportAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

(Debug/error stack continues...)

I've tried XP x86, as well as Windows 7 x86 and x64.  I've fully updated java.  No joy.   :'(

Any suggestions/solutions to this?

Tìtstewan

I have the same problem at Windows 7 x64. I tryed to import a .csv file, but I get an error too.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on November 11, 2012, 05:44:49 PM
Has anyone been successful lately in getting jMemorize to work on a Windows OS using the LN word lists?  The program itself runs fine, but when I go to import the .tsv word list, it just errors out immediately.  I dug around the forums.  Found you set your character set to UTF-8.  Thinking that it might just be the english file, I tried the german file but received same results.

I open the program (v1.3.0).  I go to "Import".  Select .tsv file.  Then select the dictionary file.  Then select the UTF-8 character set as recommended elsewhere.  Then I get an error.

(Sample error.)

Ver 1.3.0  (200803122134) - Java 1.7.0_09 , OS Windows XP
java.io.IOException: Unknown header column: 'ampi
   at jmemorize.gui.swing.actions.file.ImportTSVAction.doImport(Unknown Source)
   at jmemorize.gui.swing.actions.file.AbstractImportAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

(Debug/error stack continues...)

I've tried XP x86, as well as Windows 7 x86 and x64.  I've fully updated java.  No joy.   :'(

Any suggestions/solutions to this?

This sounds like it's not the program but the input files. Which basically means, it's all my fault. (The .tsv files are generated by me via the LN database, at the same time as I update my vrrtepCLI dictionary set.)

Thanks for bringing this up, I will investigate JMemorize and how it likes its files. I KNOW that it used to work, I must have changed something in my scripts. I'll take a look and get back once I've fixed my scripts and have generated acceptable files.

Ngaytxoa!  :-[

Tirea Aean

My scripts have been accordingly fixed, and the JMemorize files have been uploaded and replaced. Try downloading them again, and import the new ones. :)

I seem to have forgotten that the first line of a JMemorize file MUST read:

"Frontside"    "Flipside"    "Category"

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Tirea Aean

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 11, 2012, 11:00:20 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 11, 2012, 10:46:28 PM
Good job, ma Tirea Aean! :)
Irayo!

:D Assuming everything works now?
For me it works. :D
The English and the German version tested.

Edit: error fix

Taronyu Leleioae

Successfully tested english .tsv file on XP x86 and Windows 7 x86.

I've been trying for the last couple of months to get it to work without luck.  (I wasn't looking to find fault btw...)  I know with apps that changes happen and functionality breaks.  I did have a hunch that it was database coding related looking at the beginning of the stack trace.  But with a development program (from SourceForge) and a custom dictionary that has caused issues with quotations, etc... in the past, one is never sure where the actual problem really is.  Glad it was an easy fix.

Now I can take it with me on the plane in a few weeks.  Irayo.