General Discussion > Computer Science

RAM problems.

(1/3) > >>

TEAgaming2154:
I've been running into problems with my RAM filling up so quickly with garbage. Constantly running with only 5% free memory, even though my processes are using only kilobytes and a few in the megabytes of memory. Just started doing this a week ago. Any suggestions?

My Rig:
Intel 6th Gen Core i3-6100 3.7 GHz
8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V-Series DDR4 2133 MHz RAM
MSI B-150 GAMING motherboard
Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
120 GB SanDisk SATA SSD
1 TB Western Digital Blue hard disk
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Browser: Mozilla Firefox (this browser is light on RAM, I checked in Task Manager).

Tirea Aean:
I recommend 16GB RAM kit. I had similar issues where it took damn near 8GB just to run the OS with nothing open. After doubling the RAM I haven't had problems.

Tho you say this happened a week ago. Any notable updates or installations since then?

Blue Elf:
What apps do you use? Check using task manager, which process eats memory.

Well, there was once time, when 640 kB Ram was sufficient  :). It was time, when I was young ...  :'(

TEAgaming2154:
Switching from Chrome to Firefox helped, but I will probably upgrade my RAM when I have the money.

archaic:

--- Quote from: Blue Elf on November 25, 2017, 12:30:58 pm ---What apps do you use? Check using task manager, which process eats memory.

Well, there was once time, when 640 kB Ram was sufficient  :). It was time, when I was young ...  :'(

--- End quote ---
I remember when 8k was considered good, I now have 8gb ram sticks.
closing/deleting apps that you don't need running is good, also I'd do a full malware sweep, just to be on the safe side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version