Videos blocking pages

Started by Vawm tsamsiyu, February 15, 2011, 02:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawm tsamsiyu

Why are some pages trying to force my iPhone to play videos I didnt tell it to play, whining about some configuration being wrong so they can't play then forcing me back to the previous page :(
they killed the [you] tag

Human No More

I would guess, because the iphone lacks Flash. Other than that, couldn't answer, not an apple fan.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Human No More on February 15, 2011, 11:21:13 AM
I would guess, because the iphone lacks Flash.
This is likely the issue...my friend ran into a few sites on his iPod that refused to load because they had flash on them. I've seen poorly written javascripts do this as well.

Does the page have an embedded flash video (of any kind, whether it be youtube or other) on it if viewed from a PC?
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Vawm tsamsiyu

It's some inbeded movie playing as QuickTime and if I stop loading the page before it's done the movies won't auto play and hijack the page
they killed the [you] tag

Kekerusey

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on February 15, 2011, 02:13:59 AM
Why are some pages trying to force my iPhone to play videos I didnt tell it to play, whining about some configuration being wrong so they can't play then forcing me back to the previous page :(

Coz the iPhone is [expletive deleted]? Just a thought ... you know, a possibility, HRH!

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)