General Discussion > Computer Science

Your favorite programming language

(1/13) > >>

wm.annis:
I'm sure I've omitted some from the list, but I think these are the biggies.

bommel:
Definitely C/C++ (I've chosen C++) followd by C# and Java.

wm.annis:

--- Quote from: bommel on July 11, 2010, 06:59:36 am ---Definitely C/C++ (I've chosen C++) followd by C# and Java.

--- End quote ---

It has always puzzled me how people write "C/C++" — they're such different languages.  C++ may just sit on top of C, but good C++ looks very little like good C if you step back a bit and aren't just looking at a single line of code.

It's a shame the polling system doesn't allow us to pick a few answers.  I'm most fond of Common Lisp — I've even written code it in other people use — but my day to day coding for work will be in Python, or more rarely C (I'm a Unix sysadmin).  I used to be a huge Perl user, but one day I took a look at something I was writing in Perl, realized it was disgusting and could not be made undisgusting, and thought, "there has to be a better way."  I switched to Python and haven't looked back.

bommel:

--- Quote from: wm.annis on July 11, 2010, 07:08:48 am ---It has always puzzled me how people write "C/C++" — they're such different languages.  C++ may just sit on top of C, but good C++ looks very little like good C if you step back a bit and aren't just looking at a single line of code.

--- End quote ---
I just meant I can't decide between C and C++ because I like both (and work with both) ;)

Muzer:
You missed bash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version