FurtherConfusion 2011?

Started by ToktorGrace, October 11, 2010, 02:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToktorGrace

I know for a fact that I will be there for at least a day or two - and I'm betting I won't be the only one, as there have to be a number of Avatards in the bay area >.>

I hopefully will be able to brush up on my Na'vi by the time the convention comes along, seeing that I plan to cosplay hardcore style this time :3

Hope I see some blue brethren there! If possible we should have a Na'vi party/meetup or something.

Further Confusion
Jan 13th-17th
Fairmont San Jose

Also, if anyone wants to try to cosplay in a group I'm totally up for that and will happily assist with make up/painting/ect ^^
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

omängum fra'uti

I hadn't been planning on attending this year...

But I would totally be up for group cosplay!  I have no artistic skills, but I do have some amount of equipment I can contribute.  Not to mention helping with some in person lessons for anyone that feels they could use the help.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

ToktorGrace

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 11, 2010, 05:38:30 PM
I hadn't been planning on attending this year...

But I would totally be up for group cosplay!  I have no artistic skills, but I do have some amount of equipment I can contribute.  Not to mention helping with some in person lessons for anyone that feels they could use the help.

Language lessons to improve authenticity would be much appreciated  :D
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

Keye'ung

Psh, go to AnthroCon :P then you can meet me ^-^
A question that often drives me hazy: Am I or the others crazy?

ToktorGrace

Quote from: Keye'ung on October 12, 2010, 07:39:33 AM
Psh, go to AnthroCon :P then you can meet me ^-^

RAAH ... I no has monies to go all the way to PA lol. I did used to live in State College - tis a shame.

omängum fra'uti

Do you have something in mind costume wise at this point?  Were you planning on a rehash of what you did for Fanime, or take what you learned and make it better?

ToktorGrace

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 13, 2010, 03:17:14 AM
Do you have something in mind costume wise at this point?  Were you planning on a rehash of what you did for Fanime, or take what you learned and make it better?

If I do the Avatar scientist route again, I'd like it to be improved upon at least (like, adding a tail, using more blue make up to cover the rest that wasnt so well covered; also maybe going the tank top/shorts outfit similar to Grace and the other female Avatars.

I really want to be a native, but it will depend on the amount of time I have (and money!) whether I can successfully pull it off.

Either way, I'd love to go as a group for part of the convention :)

omängum fra'uti

Well my preference would be go native, but for me that involves a LOT of shaving, so practicality may dictate otherwise.

I also have a particular fondness for Michael Davey airbrush makeup (AGPC2), it's pricey but one covering and touch ups would be good for the whole weekend.  I even have the necessary airbrush which has only ever been used for non toxic products (Cosmetics and food) and a low pressure compressor.

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

ToktorGrace

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 13, 2010, 06:25:49 PM
Well my preference would be go native, but for me that involves a LOT of shaving, so practicality may dictate otherwise.

I also have a particular fondness for Michael Davey airbrush makeup (AGPC2), it's pricey but one covering and touch ups would be good for the whole weekend.  I even have the necessary airbrush which has only ever been used for non toxic products (Cosmetics and food) and a low pressure compressor.

Illiur mentioned he had some access to make-ups as well...

I would certainly be willing to chip in to pay for the make up itself! I suit have only applied manually, but I can imagine airbrushing would save a LOT of time in certain circumstances. Then theres the question of body suit instead *hrmm*

Lol I actually just got myself a room at the overflow hotel for two nights :D Its a SET deal unless something awful happens between now and then.

omängum fra'uti

I suppose if I'm going to be doing costuming I should get a room and register and all that as well.  Is this a for sure thing?

ToktorGrace

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 14, 2010, 02:16:17 AM
I suppose if I'm going to be doing costuming I should get a room and register and all that as well.  Is this a for sure thing?

It depends - I mean, if you live really close, I could probably just have some of us meet up in my room (or someone else's room) to do make up early in the day. If you live within an hour of the convention center you might not have to get a room. I just like to go for two days at least, as I have been for a few years now. Fanime is probably the better place to cosplay as a Na'vi anyways (more people, ect), which is in May, but Im hoping to go two-for-two (and get a lot of use out of the costume!)

I dont want to promise "for sure" that I'll be cosplaying full-force Na'vi native. I dont know how much time I'll have to put the costume together by January, for FurCon. At a minimum I will be cosplaying as an RDA AVTR, but the convention price should stay low until the end of December, and there are a bunch of hotels in the area, in case the specific "convention hotels" fill up if you're worried about that.

I will definitely be there, and will definitely be blue for a day, and will be happy to help out  with costuming/make up of anyone else who wants to be a Na'vi and is present.

omängum fra'uti

I do indeed live close, so I suppose in a pinch I could do as I always do and just show up.

My preferred venue would actually be BayCon, which I would imagine to be a slightly better place for Avatar cosplay... But it is the same weekend as Fanime.

ToktorGrace

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 14, 2010, 11:01:29 AM
I do indeed live close, so I suppose in a pinch I could do as I always do and just show up.

My preferred venue would actually be BayCon, which I would imagine to be a slightly better place for Avatar cosplay... But it is the same weekend as Fanime.

I have  heard there were Na'vi at Baycon lol - maybe I'll spend a day at each. I just am very familiar with the Fanime scene, so Im more comfortable with it. I got loads of people asking to take my picture last year at Fanime was great fun!

Were you at BayCon last year?

omängum fra'uti

I have been at Baycon for every year for around a decade and a half, and I was indeed there this year, and saw and talked to the Na'vi.  I even taught them a few phrases, and gave some simple lessons to Avatar fans in a small group on Sunday.

For costumes, did you want to do a collaborative thing, working together ahead of time to produce similar costumes, or just work independently and do the dressing up (Bodypaint as needed) and cosplay together?

ToktorGrace

Pardon the necropost but given the convention is in two weeks I hope no one will be angry with me ^^;

Plan right now: I've ordered latex face prosthetic and finished making a tail, so no matter what I'll be at least doing some fashion of Avatar or Na'vi cosplay. Right now my biggest obstacle is doing full-body coloring given money and time constraints I dont know if it'll be possible, despite having a good chunk of the costume moving along :P

@ Omäng: If you still want to meet up and cosplay I'll be happy to meet up with you - I dont know if Illiur will be cosplaying or not, ve shal see hehe but I'd like to not be the only one!  Also I am thinking Baycon will be the better venue to debut a complex Na'vi native costume, so that would be a go!

@ everyone else: If you're interested and are planning to go note me and we can meet up :)

evipaige

Hey its evipaige I am located around the beaches area and was wondering if you were close by. I was wondering of you had an email or something I dont know about conventions but i hope there are some around. my email is [email protected] if you want to email me
;D

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Truro (Tìvawm'ia) on January 03, 2011, 12:31:48 AM
Pardon the necropost but given the convention is in two weeks I hope no one will be angry with me ^^;

Plan right now: I've ordered latex face prosthetic and finished making a tail, so no matter what I'll be at least doing some fashion of Avatar or Na'vi cosplay. Right now my biggest obstacle is doing full-body coloring given money and time constraints I dont know if it'll be possible, despite having a good chunk of the costume moving along :P

@ Omäng: If you still want to meet up and cosplay I'll be happy to meet up with you - I dont know if Illiur will be cosplaying or not, ve shal see hehe but I'd like to not be the only one!  Also I am thinking Baycon will be the better venue to debut a complex Na'vi native costume, so that would be a go!

@ everyone else: If you're interested and are planning to go note me and we can meet up :)
Sorry I missed this; I had a bout of busyness IRL and didn't make it. Do you have pictures?

I'll certainly be at Baycon again, I'll probably even get a room this year for a change.

ToktorGrace

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on February 01, 2011, 04:31:00 AM

Sorry I missed this; I had a bout of busyness IRL and didn't make it. Do you have pictures?

I'll certainly be at Baycon again, I'll probably even get a room this year for a change.

No worries :3 I posted some pics in the gallery and a lot more of them on my post in the cosplay forum. Technical issues aside it was pretty good :)

I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting up BayCon - will def. let you know closer to the date. Hopefully I'll have a little more funds by then too :P