Fedcon 2011 - Forming a group to meet there

Started by Pxia Säsngap, May 26, 2010, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pxia Säsngap

Kaltxì

In this thread you can meet other Na'vis that will be at Fedcon next year.

If you have ideas for costumes, cosplay, meeting likeminded people etc. just post in here.

Would you like to go there, but don't know with whom? Have you found a great accessory for your costume? Have you already got your costume and want to recommend shops etc? Do you prefer a special day to meet there?

I'm looking forward to hear about your ideas, questions and plans.
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

Wiesel

I was a warrior who dreamed he could
bring peace. Sooner or later though, you
always have to wake up... - Jake Sully

...Wenn ich schlafe bin ich ein Avatar und rette Pandora...

Pxia Säsngap

Of course I will be there as a Na'vi as well.  ;D

Can't wait to get my costume done. =) How do you get yourself a tail?
And how do you get your nose look like the Na'vi's nose?
Which paint do you use?

Looking forward to your replies.  :)
Eywa ayngahu

Wiesel

The tail will be discussed with my mom in a few weeks, bc i know she have made something similar a few years ago for an other costume.
so i will discuss it first about pro/cons before putting any work into this.

paint or latex, not sure yet but i tend to latex, i have seen a few body paints in real this year @Fedcon and its not the best thing in my opinion.

Na'vi nose is the next i want to try out, prolly trying to make a latex nose/eye region mask, i have seen it @Fedcon and its prolly the easiest way to form something on top of his own nose. (I have pictures from last Fedcon Avatar Bodypainting event somewhere, i will look after them later today)

Also i will make pictures of every state of my costume if i have done something but atm i have only roughly ideas.
I guess this thread is a great idea to share ideas and work together to form a learnnavi.org group @Fedcon2011
Maybe we can find more here over the time.
Btw iam from Germany (~400km from Fedcon location).

Next year Fedcon is 4 days long btw! its the 20 year anniversary Fedcon :)

Pxia Säsngap

Well, then we have to do something great, not only forming a learnnavi group, but something that everyone at Fedcon will remember, for this anniversary ;D Don't you think so?  ;D
Any ideas?

For the tail I thought of the following: I could take some wire (=Draht). Then I wrap some foam (=Schaumstoff) around it and fasten the hair(for the end of the tail) to it. Then last step would be to wrap some blue fabric around it. So you can "move" and model it, and it won't only hang down from your costume.
Please just tell me what your mother told you about the tail.  :)

As for the blue colour: My idea was to paint the torso, face etc, but to wear a blue leggings, that I will paint with textilepaints(the dark blue pattern). =)

I really had no idea how to create such a nose. Could you please keep me up-to-date about that?
We thought of Neytiri's war paint. If you imitate this war paint, it maybe looks like you have such a nose, I thought.

I will also take a photo of every state of my costume.  ;D

Wow, I'd really like to see these pictures. =)

I live ~100km from Düsseldorf(that's where it'll take place next year, am I right?).
Eywa ayngahu

Pxia Säsngap

I will probably be there for only one day... =/ It'll become too expensive to stay there for 4 days...  :(
Eywa ayngahu

Wiesel

Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on May 27, 2010, 05:35:36 AM
I will probably be there for only one day... =/ It'll become too expensive to stay there for 4 days...  :(

you have like 330 days to earn some money ;)

I was there 3days this year and ofc it wasnt cheap but i dont know if its even worthy to come for only one day.
Atleast if u have long traveltimes, the hotel costs will be most biggest part i think. Also atm i have no clue where to book a room.
The con hotel is prolly booked out allready but also was very expensive.

Yea the Con2011 is in Düsseldorf right next to the Airport.

Edit: official website is http://www.fedcon.de

Pxia Säsngap

Well, yeah, you're right. I'll try to get some money for this. Problem is, that I need my money for the university. =/ But I will find a way to at the con for more than one day. D'you you know how much money I'll need? How much did you spend this year?

If you stay a little outside Düsseldorf you can maybe find a cheap hotel or a hostel.
I'm lucky, as I have a sister living in Düsseldorf. Maybe I can crowd her for the time of fedcon.  ;D
Eywa ayngahu

Wiesel

it was cheap for me this year bc i had no costume and my car works great for sleeping :D

I have paid:
99€ entry fee
~60€ travel cost by car
~60€ on the con for stuff, food, drinks...
-> ~220€

For next year i plan with ~500€ because of hotel and +100km travel distance.

Hotels at the airport are more expensive than far away for sure but dont forget you dont want to travel to far away from con.
basicly you will be at the con from 10am till far after midnight, there is a party everyday after con-area closes!
It would suck if u have to travel an hour or more to your hotel,
I have no clue about cheap hotels because i dont know DDorf at all, i will prolly google for it in a few months.

If you know someone to stay in DDorf it would be the cheapest and prolly best solution :)

Pxia Säsngap

Oh wow, that's very much money. And the costume isn't included... =/
Well, then I'll have to save up some money for that.

I now visited the official homepage.  ;D That sounds so great! =)  Last time I checked website was under construction. =)
Of course I will try to stay there for more than one day.  ;D

Well, I don't know anything about the con, because I've never visited any convention.  :) So I couldn't know about the party. =)
Eywa ayngahu

Pxia Säsngap

Does anyone like to start a group to create some cosplay that can be shown on stage?
That'd be great. I will join this group then, but I'm not much of a writer I guess. Maybe we could also reconstruct some scene of the film. =) Any ideas?
Eywa ayngahu

Wiesel

Kaltxì ma Pxia Säsngap ;)

thx for the hint on the other thread, yea you were right i should have posted here :D

here is the link to the cosplay board

I will make a 2nd and 3rd try for sure before going to a convention, maybe adding more and more Na'vi features with every new try.
Currently i have no idea where or when to start the next try but it will be one more with liquid latex for sure.

in ~4 Weeks i should have more infos about the Tail btw.
nose and ears i will try out in the next few weeks.

even if this thread looks like a two person show atm,
it would be great if there are more outside who would like to work on a bigger AVATAR-Group for next Fedcon! (or any other euro convention!) ;)

Wiesel

*bumping this two person conversation thread, once*

Kaltxì ma eylan mì LN.org

I just want to ask again if there are any other LN from Europa who would like to come to the Fedcon 2011?

its from 28.04-01.05.2011 in Düsseldorf (western part of germany)

more infos: www.fedcon.de

It would be really great if we get a few more cosplayers together but also if you don't want to cosplay,
it would still be great to have a LN-Meet-Up @ Fedcon?

I will definitely be there, who else would be interested?

I know its still 5 Months till Fedcon but these will run fast,
even faster if u want to cosplay and having to work on your costume.

Kìyevame
Wiesel