Baycon 2011

Started by `Eylan Ayfalulukanä, April 20, 2011, 09:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Baycon 2011 will soon be here!

This event is in Santa Clara, CA on May 27-30 at the Hyatt Regency.

Last year, Omängum Frauti did a Na`vi speaker's panel there. I drove over from Reno for that and a good time attending other panels and events. (They have an awesome raptor show there on Sunday afternoon!) Although I am saving my money for Worldcon here in Reno this coming August, I would certainly not dismiss coming down to Santa Clara for a day or two. You can even stay at the Avatar hotel (I am not making this up!), which is a short walk from the Hyatt Regency!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

omängum fra'uti

I will once again be there.  No clue if they will be having an Avatar themed event I can co-opt again or not, or even if I would try again.

Rumor is there is going to be an Avatar themed party on the party floor again, though I haven't heard anything more specific.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

omängum fra'uti

Well they once again had the Avatar/Na'vi themed BoF event this year.  I didn't do a lesson like I did last year, but did spend some time talking to other people about the culture of the Na'vi, the language, and other aspects.  There was an anthropologist and a couple linguists that showed up, so it was an interesting conversation.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Omängum, glad to hear you had a good time

I had hoped to make Baycon this year, but my boss acted first, anf got that weekend off We cannot normally both be out of town at the same time. And as it turned out, I ended up working all weekend anyway!

There's Worldcon coming up in August. But even though it is here in Reno, I don't know if I will have the time off, or the money to be able to attend (admission is quite expensive).

Without Worldcon, Baycon will be much more a definite next year. Lots of cool things to learn and do there, besides Na`vi/Avatar stuff.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]