2012 Seattle Meetup Clan Cosplay

Started by Sarah Noel, July 14, 2011, 01:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Noel

@ Txura Rolyu, I'm looking for 3 roommates (cheapest that way) with Solian being a possible candidate, if you'd like to room with us that'd be cool.

He's my "ad" that I've been posting around:

I need 3 roommates for a total of 4 people, since I'm on a budget. It'd come to a total of about 160$ per person for the whole stay. I'm a cosplayer so for at least one of the nights I'll be making noise and hogging the bathroom. I'd prefer it if a maximum of 2 (but less is more ideal) of my roommates are doing intensive cosplay painting, and that they're not afraid of nudity, since the bathrooms are small and we'd be painting together. However, I'd prefer to room with 3 cosplayers, than have to pay more to room with less people; I can probably find an empty bathroom somewhere to sneak off to, so it's not so crowded.

Txura Rolyu

I am still looking for roomies!  :) I don't mind rooming co ed if everyone else is. Also my costume isn't entirely nude, but I am not bothered by others paintng and would glad to help.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Toruk Makto

I'm not cosplaying and still need a room too. I definitely have no coed/nudity issues (C.R. cloudforest adventure backstory on request  :) )

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Sarah Noel

I now need 2 roommates: Toruk Makto dibbed the first spot. I've also made hotel reservations, for Thursday Night through Sunday Night. Also, I hate sharing beds, so I'll be sleeping on the floor. I don't mind Co-ed at all.

Txura Rolyu

I will take your second position.  :D

Glad that is finally worked out.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Sarah Noel

Roommate spots are now all filled:
Toruk Makto
Txura Rolyu
Raiden

Palulukan-Makto

I will be cosplay as a Na'vi with Txonä Rolyusì, I will also be bringing my camera to the meet up so I could photograph, but I am not sure if I will be taking my camera while I will be dressed up.
Oel ngati kameie

Avatar is the greatest movie of all time!!!

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child!" - Neytiri

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: OmaticayaClan on April 02, 2012, 11:34:59 PM
I will be cosplay as a Na'vi with Txonä Rolyusì, I will also be bringing my camera to the meet up so I could photograph, but I am not sure if I will be taking my camera while I will be dressed up.

Might leave some blue souvenirs on it lol. I STILL have random blue schmutzes from Halloween LOL. A little blue paint won't hurt the camera :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Ikxeru

Tse, ma smuk,

last week I have approved for the ESTA visa waiver program and today I have booked the flights for Seattle.
So I will be there 100%. Together with at least to other guys who have booked their flights as well today.

Damn, time seems to run out for all the new things I want to add to my costume, but we'll see...
I have some things in the pipe.

What I already got is a more Na'viish looking traditional longbow I will be carrying during the meeting.
Ha, ne kllte ma frapo. :D :D :D

I am working together with a bowmaker who will make me the definitive ceremonial olo'eyktan-bow, 100% capeable for shooting, but he already told me that he cannot finish that bow until late August or September :( (For him - guess what - it's a complete new design of a bow, and the aim is to make it fully functional, not only decorative as a replica. And it will be a selfbow made of one piece of wood.)

Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Just a note to everyone bringing bows, the museum will not allow them inside. They will have to be checked unfortunately.

-Txonä Rolyu

Human No More

I did my ESTA form a few days ago, so now all ready to go.

I won't be bringing a bow due to size, cost and international travel though :(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Txura Rolyu

Really we can't take in an unstrung bow? I do not find the logic in their needing the bows to be checked in at the desk.

Seze Mune

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on April 09, 2012, 08:42:55 PM
Really we can't take in an unstrung bow? I do not find the logic in their needing the bows to be checked in at the desk.

I know right?  Makes you wonder what they'll make you do with the ikrans. ;D

Amaya

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on April 09, 2012, 08:42:55 PM

They're unwieldy and might poke someone's eye out or damage displays?

mikkowilson

A bow, unstrung or not, is a weapon. General blanket policy in most places is "no weapons". It would take no time at all to re-string a bow and start causing trouble if one was so inclined.

I'm pretty sure they'd have a problem with you carrying in a gun, even unloaded, also.

Might have trouble checking a gun at the desk though; them taking care of bows is a very nice gesture.

- Mikko

Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

ExLibrisMortis

Yeah, stringing and unstringing a bow takes seconds, 5 tops if you're familiar with it. The movie also shows how a bow can be used as a weapon without even using arrows too, mind you.

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on April 10, 2012, 04:38:56 PM
Yeah, stringing and unstringing a bow takes seconds, 5 tops if you're familiar with it. The movie also shows how a bow can be used as a weapon without even using arrows too, mind you.

THIS. Even unstrung, a bow can be used as a large blunt object and cause damage.

-Txonä Rolyu

Sarah Noel

Last year I had to check my bow in the building, it wasn't a big deal, I'd just ask for it back when I was leaving again, they kept it safe either behind the main desk or locked in a closet near the exhibit entrance. Stringing a bow really doesn't take more than 10 seconds. When we want to take photos posing with our bows, we'll simply do it outside. Last year Mikko got a candid shot of me stringing my bow.

Eeeeee I'm in that pic  ;D

-Txonä Rolyu

Sarah Noel

I've made an AvatarMeet 2012 group weight loss support thread here. One can change a lot in 12 weeks with enough work. Check it out.