2012 Seattle Meetup Clan Cosplay

Started by Sarah Noel, July 14, 2011, 01:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

I know I'm listed as possible Avatar right now, but if I ever get happy with my body I'll do Na'vi, but far chance. Anyone need their pinky removed? I can do it fast.  :P ;D

Tsmuketsamsiyu

Sarah Noel

Quote from: Tsmuketsamsiyu on July 19, 2011, 01:53:57 PM
Put me down as NiNa'vi!

Yay, yay, yay! I'm putting you down in the confirmed list because you're 100% going according to AketuanNavi's roll call list, correct me if I'm wrong.

Maria TunVrrtep

So you all know, I am the Public Relations Coordinator for the July 2012 Meet-up. 

Please allow me to contact the museum.  I have already been in contact with them.  I will be in contact with them probably once a month just to keep us in their minds.  I don't want them to forget about us.  However, when we have a better idea of what is going on, I will contact them about the cosplay.  That way I can get a better idea of what they will allow us to do.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Sarah Noel

Sounds good Maria TunVrrtep, please keep us updated.

During the June meetup, we have 3 cosplayers, 2 of whom were head to toe in body paint, one of those was me. The museum was pretty accommodating, if not impressed. They paid actors to dress as Na'vi for the "official pictures," so they're not opposed to the idea of costumes. As long as we behave ourselves in the museum I see no reason why there'd be any problems. For the panels they asked us to sit on towels so we wouldn't get their chairs all blue. They were a bit small though and I'll probably try and bring my own beach towel next time.

mikkowilson

The real tell is the fact that the museum not only provided the towels, but had them waiting before we got there!

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Txura Rolyu

Sign me up as an AVTR. I am going to see about doing the same costume again. I might be able to do native, but I have never done it before and I am not thin enough for it by any means. If there are other AVTR's that would be awesome.  :D

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Human No More

I already said on ToS, but I'll be a Na'vi (well, avatar-turned-Na'vi). Need to get a lot of things together for mine though - need to find some good ears to get, and also recommendations for paint.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

Slowly but surely, I'm gathering my materials so I can finally start putting my outfit together.  :)
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

Txura Rolyu

Mine are arriving and being sewn together. I have almost all of my costume set. Really all I would need now are some final jewlery things to give my character some eye catching looks.  ;D

Definately going native for this Halloween and the meetup. So move me over to Native Na'vi rather than AVTR.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Jane MacMillan

Jewelry is easy; it's just like making friendship bracelets or lanyards, except using hemp fiber instead of plastic lacing.  :)

Txura Rolyu

Problem is that I dont know how and dont really make time to learn that. I know there are some people that come here to my school that sell things that look rather cool, but I am gonna have to ask them to show me how to use them before I buy them.  :P

Last time I bought a coller with shells and wood but I didnt know how to keep it from falling down my arm... so I ended up making it rather useles by cutting and such. Of course if there are some of you guys that would like to make a few things for me I would be greatful. Helping a fellow clan member is always rewarding.

Seze Mune

Bet there are YT vids which might show you how to make a hemp necklace.

Txura Rolyu

I am sure, but I would make some semi pro stuff. Not really good for a costume. I might find some of my friends around my college campus who knows how to make them.

Sarah Noel

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 06, 2011, 01:54:55 PM
So move me over to Native Na'vi rather than AVTR.
Great to hear, if I remember correctly you are the first to request a category "upgrade," hopefully not the last.

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 06, 2011, 05:17:10 PM
Of course if there are some of you guys that would like to make a few things for me I would be greatful. Helping a fellow clan member is always rewarding.

If I have the time and work ethic, I plan on making a small piece of jewelry for each of the Native cosplayers, like a bracelet/arm-band or something. Don't count on it yet though, I get lazy. If all goes well though, expect a piece from me.

Txura Rolyu

I will be sure to remind you from time to time. I am eager to see what it is. I think I would wear it all the time if it looked great. A wonderful reminder of a great trip.  :D

Jane MacMillan

Txura, I'd be happy to make you some jewelry. What would you like, in terms of type? Choker necklace, armband, calfband? Anything in the style of the pieces I'm wearing here or here?
Send me the relevant measurements.

Txura Rolyu

I am going to be seeing my costumer (mom ;D ) on the 24th so I can get measurements then. I am thinking I would like to have a calf band that Jake has and about the same thickness too. If you wanted to be really creative I can send you imgs of close up Na'vi arrow construction and you could make me one for my bow. ;)

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

I would cosplay if I could make it! :( I will be cosplaying as full Na'vi for Halloween though :D
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on September 07, 2011, 10:15:02 PM
I would cosplay if I could make it! :( I will be cosplaying as full Na'vi for Halloween though :D

I wish I could dress up for Halloween too. It's not happening this year tho. This is sad. VERY sad only!  :'(

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi