2012 Seattle Meetup Clan Cosplay

Started by Sarah Noel, July 14, 2011, 01:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txura Rolyu

I will help you find things for the meetup ma tsmukan. No worries.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 08, 2011, 01:40:41 AM
I will help you find things for the meetup ma tsmukan. No worries.

Ok...when? And I barely have any money to get the things I need.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Txura Rolyu

As you get the money I will guide you were to find the things that you will need for the meet up. There is no rush if you are certain you cant get the stuff before Halloween.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

DJ Makto

I finally pulled some things together for my RDA cosplay including a tan safari/photographers vest similar to what Norm is wearing in the hallway scene. Also starting to gather pics from the movie for more ideas.

A funny thought that keeps popping into my head is to "upgrade" to doing an Avatar cosplay with the slight twist of slightly crossing over to the realm of Doctor Who, and wearing a Captain Jack Harkness style great coat or a set of suspenders, bow tie, and a Fez (Fezes are cool). Avatar Captain Jack or Doctor anyone?

I dunno, my mind works in strange ways, particularly when I am sleep deprived.  ;D

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on September 08, 2011, 12:57:38 AM
Quote from: Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite on September 07, 2011, 10:15:02 PM
I would cosplay if I could make it! :( I will be cosplaying as full Na'vi for Halloween though :D

I wish I could dress up for Halloween too. It's not happening this year tho. This is sad. VERY sad only!  :'(

-Txonä Rolyu

I would rather do it where my costume will get appreciated more :P however it means more to me, that I'll be in my true 'form', on the most sacred day of the year for me (as a Wiccan.)
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

nìawtu tsamsiyu

I hope to not miss the event this year since I live in Seattle. I would totally like to go the museum in costume. Even though I hate the RDA I will go as an RDA marine, or possibly a non na'vi supporting human who was left behind and has been surviving on Pandora alone. I just bought an RDA patch for my flak vest. I don't have any digital cammo though. If I can't source any I may go as the forgotten survivor instead. We will see as the event gets closer as we are still a long ways out.

Sarah Noel

If you don't want to go as a marine, consider going as a scientist. A few people are getting those khaki vests they wear, or a lab coat with some lab equiptment props is another option.

If you want an exopack, consider buying and modifying a Uvex Face Sheild, although not as authentic as an air tight respirator, it's doesn't fog up, which has known to be a big problem. I saw one of these in my chem lab which gave me the idea. Finding real respirators that look like exopacks are difficult anyway, and are expensive unless you can find a deal. Uvex Face Sheild

nìawtu tsamsiyu

The mask is definitely something I considered. Even if I don't wear it I will have it attached to my gear somewhere. I might have to go to halloween this year as an RDA marine now...this is kinda fun.

Txura Rolyu

Seze Mune

Especially when you have someone to help apply the paint?  :-*

Txura Rolyu

???

What is the kissy face for? I am most confused.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

*snickering* I think that may have been a dirty minded moment. It was for me LOL. (I'm sorry)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Txura Rolyu

Seze Mune

Dirty minded? No more than Neytiri and Jake, meylan. :D

Txura Rolyu

Oh, like when Neytiri paints Jake for the unìltaron.  ;) Gotcha.

Seze Mune

nìawtu tsamsiyu

So I am planning on going to the museum day at the meetup as an RDA marine. I found some RDA patches on ebay the other day so I picked up one of each of the two colors they had and attached one to my tac vest with some velcro. I am still not sure though, I might switch to the white and green patch instead. Now all I need is some digital jungle camo and if I can find a respirator mask for cheaper than $100 and I will be set.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sarah Noel

Looks Great! keep it up, I encourage everyone to post in process pictures. I really enjoy them, and they may help or inspire others.

Txura Rolyu

I will be picking up some of my costume pieces from home this weekend and I will post pics of how they look on me (if they look good enough  ;D). I won't have any blue I because I am trying to save it for Halloween.

Ikxeru

Kaltxì ma Sarah, so you already put me down the list, did you? ;)

That's fine and I can't wait! Okay, I aim at AVTR gone rogue with feathers, longbow, loincloth and so on...

I plan to work hard, practice a lot until next summer and not to look too cheap. ;)

I have just two possible options: Epic fail or epic win. But in every case... epic!
- forward forever, backward never ever!

- ta Ikxeru

Just a more technical question: What will US customs officers tell me, if I try to enter the US with a longbow and arrows?
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...