2012 Seattle Meetup Clan Cosplay

Started by Sarah Noel, July 14, 2011, 01:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah Noel

After the success of the two different avatar fan forum meet ups in Seattle this summer, LearnNa'vi and TreeOfSouls check it out at avatarmeet.com

I will no longer be updating this list, since that is now automatically done on the roll call list of avatarmeet.com, but I'll still encourage discussion, and will still be around for questions or whatever. (I still love progress pictures!)

Confirmed Cosplayers

Full Native Na'vi:
Sarah Noel
Jane McMillan
Kactima
MOMS Ball Avatar (ToS)
Tsmuketsamsiyu
Solian (ToS)
Txura Rolyu
Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì
Fiyerwall (ToS)

Amaya
misstammie (ToS)

RDA members:
Moco Loco (ToS)

Other:
AketuanNavi

Possible Cosplayers

Full Native Na'vi:

Raiden (ToS)
Human No More    
Toruk'makto

ISV Venture Star (ToS)
Naruga Kuruga
`Eylan Ayfalulukanä
Ikxeru

RDA members:
DJ Makto
ExLibrisMortis
James of terra
nìawtu tsamsiyu

Other:
?

Photographer
Mikkowilson

Which day? Poll here

Sarah Noel

In hopes that this is going to get so big that one post can't contain all the awesome information, I reserve this space.

DJ Makto

A cosplay group meetup would be awesome.

I for one would not mind looking into trying to provide some RDA representation.  :)

Sarah Noel

Fantastic, DJ Makto, the more the merrier, were you at the July 9th meet up?

DJ Makto

Quote from: Sarah Noel on July 14, 2011, 03:01:48 PM
Fantastic, DJ Makto, the more the merrier, were you at the July 9th meet up?

Indeed I was, just doing my part to help record and document the meetup on for the Avatar community via the Avatar Nation Podcast.  :)

Amaya

I went to this most recent meet-up as an avatar driver and am quite willing to do so again.

List me under RDA, however, and I will lecture you until your ears bleed! ;)

Jane MacMillan

Confirm me as a native. Well, actually, I'll be an avatar driver gone rogue, like Jake, but I'll be in feathers and a loincloth like the true Na'vi.

I've been assuming that the big museum day will be Saturday, so that's the day I'm planning to get painted up for. My makeup will last a couple of days, so I'll probably do the painting Friday and come out Saturday and Sunday.

I'll also contact the museum, once the date approaches, about getting our photos taken in the exhibit and about weaponry. (It just seems prudent to let them know I'd like to bring an authentic 6-ft longbow into their space.)

Sarah Noel

Quote from: Amaya on July 14, 2011, 04:17:13 PM
I went to this most recent meet-up as an avatar driver and am quite willing to do so again.
I saw your picture, it looked good and I look forward to meeting you next year.

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on July 14, 2011, 06:26:05 PM
Confirm me as a native. Well, actually, I'll be an avatar driver gone rogue, like Jake, but I'll be in feathers and a loincloth like the true Na'vi.

I've been assuming that the big museum day will be Saturday, so that's the day I'm planning to get painted up for. My makeup will last a couple of days, so I'll probably do the painting Friday and come out Saturday and Sunday.

I'll also contact the museum, once the date approaches, about getting our photos taken in the exhibit and about weaponry. (It just seems prudent to let them know I'd like to bring an authentic 6-ft longbow into their space.)

My character is also a rogue Avatar to account for my fingers and my laziness in not wanting to come up with a Na'vi name, but for organization purposes I'm considering rogue Avatars and Na'vi the same. When I brought my long bow to the SFM opening they checked it, which means putting it next to the cubbies, or in the closet when I was inside.

Kactima

I'll be coming dressed a a na'vi for sure. Can't wait.
Avatar is the best of the the best movies

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Put me down as a possible...like 90%. I'm hoping that after this Halloween I'll have a full costume. I'd really like to do paint, that looks more natural. But I need all the accessories. My plan is not only to dress as a Na'vi but to take it to the next level and go around speaking ONLY Na'vi. There'll be people who can translate for me.

-Txonä Rolyu

Edit: Posting a link to this thread in the Seattle Meet Up board since it's relevant there too.

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Amaya

XD  Just thought of a way to make my costume totally awesome (rather than just lazy and thrown together from clothes I already have ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Not gonna tell yet, though :P

Kactima

I'm gonna get some prosthetic and paint myself blue and wear toruk makto's loincloth and accessories, and I'm gonna bring my stuffed toruk. I'm gonna embarrass the heck out of myself that night, I can't wait xD
Avatar is the best of the the best movies

Sarah Noel

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on July 15, 2011, 10:38:41 PM

Edit: Posting a link to this thread in the Seattle Meet Up board since it's relevant there too.

Great thanks, I didn't really know which place was more relevant.

guest2859

Hm... my friend AlaRubra is into hi-tech stuff, he might do the RDA, but I would doubt it until he says so.

But me, maybe an Avatar. If not, I'll just wear my camo-shirt and my work boots and call it RDA.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I am very interested in 'going blue', probably as an avatar, as I really don't have the figure for a native Na`vi or a rogue avatar (but I won't necessarily let this stop me!). An utterly insane spring at work, plus funding priorities prevented me from doing it this year, although I did get 'warpainted'. So, put me down as a possible avatar. (I won't know if the proposed date will work for me until January or February of next year  :( )

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

ExLibrisMortis

Someone's gotta watch all these limp dick science majors around here. Put me down as a possible RDA Marine.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on July 17, 2011, 02:21:04 AM
Someone's gotta watch all these limp dick science majors around here. Put me down as a possible RDA Marine.

We'll just blind you with our science. besides as avatars, we are very hard to kill.... ;D

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

ExLibrisMortis

That doesn't make you unkillable :P :P  ;)

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.