Blue airbrush makeup?

Started by swizaw, January 09, 2010, 08:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on January 25, 2010, 08:30:46 PM
Yeah, I used to play Star Wars: Galaxies back before it was completely ruined, and for some reason when they hosted a "fan fest" as they called it for players to get together, I decided to dress up as the character I played.  Which is odd because I had never before or since created any costume anything like that.  But I'm considering it for Na'vi, purely because I think it would be cool to be able to make the costume more complete than nearly anyone else by actually speaking Na'vi. :D

Unfortunately I only have teal and green.  I might be able to mix some black into the teal but I doubt it would be the right shade, and I don't have much black, so I can't cheap out on what I'd end up ordering.

You make it sound very expensive  :o what kind of price tags are we talking about here?  :-\

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

omängum fra'uti

It depends on how much skin you have showing, and how much you want to don the costume.  When I used it before I was not sure how much it would use so I went over, but I ended up having more than enough in the end.

The thing is unless you have a retail store that sells their stuff near you, they have a minimum order.  I was very liberal in my estimate of how much I'd need, so I got some of the bigger bottles, but you could probably get away with much less and buy enough to squeak over their minimum order size.  (I also had a large head piece to cover, and that took many coats.)  Unless you were going in the traditional Na'vi outfit, in which case you'd probably need a lot. :)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Well sounds like I am in luck then; srane indeed, I planned on doing a native outfit for Dragon*Con. It's the kind of place that doesn't care if you're walking around in a loincloth (ok, maybe a little more but you can get away with it  ;) ). So I would defenitely be painting the entirety of my body blue.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Fya'o Tskoyä

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on January 14, 2010, 08:53:41 PM
Quote from: Kawazoe on January 10, 2010, 07:34:24 PM
You'd be interested to know that I've read somewhere that a scientist managed to make some kind of bioluminescent ink that react to temperature and bioelectric current.

Basically, it means you can use it to make a permanent tattoo (yea that might be a down side depending of you level of fan-ness) that would react exactly as the bioluminescent dot the Na'vi have over their body. It would also change colour and luminosity depending of the strength and type of your emotions.

Pretty neat hein?

Hey, thanks for the info! This is very interesting to hear (for me personally, I love the tattoo idea.) and if you have some links that would be great, but regardless I'll do some research around online and post what I find.

that would be cool, to get a tattoo with bioluminescence

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/