Fandom > Cosplay / Costuming

Ertew's costume

<< < (2/2)

theAfanc:
Your most recent wig attempt looks amazing and I love your custom bodysuit.  I wish there was a better way to go about blending the makeup around the neck to a bodysuit.  I only cosplayed once as a Na'vi and stopped because I didn't seal my face or hand paint and it was a mess but I also didn't like how my neck looked.

I love your four fingered gloves - next you can try four toed socks!

Ertew:
Wow, another blue tail on forum. Do You have a pictures from Your cosplay? I would like to see Your version.
Yes, blending face and costume is hard. Mostly because fabric is shiny but skin paint mate. Matching paint color is another story. I don't have any local stores. Buying things online is like lottery. All I can do is mixing colors on my own.
No, no, no. My feet have 5 toes and I don't like to mess with that. I can play an avatar or just ask to skip my feet on photos. That should be enough as long as I not have proper wide na'vi nose (latex prosthetic).

--- Quote from: theAfanc on September 14, 2018, 12:20:47 am ---I only cosplayed once as a Na'vi and stopped because I didn't seal my face or hand paint and it was a mess but I also didn't like how my neck looked.
--- End quote ---
What do You mean by sealing costume? I never heard about that.

theAfanc:

--- Quote from: Ertew on September 14, 2018, 03:56:29 pm ---Wow, another blue tail on forum. Do You have a pictures from Your cosplay? I would like to see Your version.
Yes, blending face and costume is hard. Mostly because fabric is shiny but skin paint mate. Matching paint color is another story. I don't have any local stores. Buying things online is like lottery. All I can do is mixing colors on my own.
No, no, no. My feet have 5 toes and I don't like to mess with that. I can play an avatar or just ask to skip my feet on photos. That should be enough as long as I not have proper wide na'vi nose (latex prosthetic).

--- Quote from: theAfanc on September 14, 2018, 12:20:47 am ---I only cosplayed once as a Na'vi and stopped because I didn't seal my face or hand paint and it was a mess but I also didn't like how my neck looked.
--- End quote ---
What do You mean by sealing costume? I never heard about that.

--- End quote ---

I don't have any pictures.  I actually went back and looked all over (including my old cosplay thread on here) and they are all gone.  Oh well, they weren't good anyway XD

Whenever you use any kind of body makeup or paint, you have to coat your area in a sealant afterwards.  It helps to keep the makeup from rubbing off or from sweat ruining your work. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version