Halloween!

Started by Sezetirea216, October 05, 2011, 06:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sezetirea216

Last year i was a  na'vi and it sucked ass, my costume was to small, my hair was frizzy and my mom smeared PRIMARY COLOR BLUE all over my face and claimed i looked na'vi, tell me about you successes/failures when dressing up nina'vi during halloween or just for fun! I need a cost efficent way to dress up nina'vi this year without the million dollar costume
Oe mäkxu ma nikre ne'ìm ulte kulat

Jane MacMillan

Most efficient way I can think of is to be an avatar; then you just need to paint your hands and face blue and the clothes could even come out of your own closet. Here's my costume from last Halloween:

IMGP5099 by tereshkova2001, on Flickr

Kamean

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on October 17, 2011, 08:31:20 PM
Most efficient way I can think of is to be an avatar; then you just need to paint your hands and face blue and the clothes could even come out of your own closet. Here's my costume from last Halloween:

IMGP5099 by tereshkova2001, on Flickr
You look like a Grace Augustine. :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Human No More

Mine was quite quickly put together, I might do it again this year depending on which gig I go to, since I think some others are doing costumes too.
I still lack a decent tail and proper loincloth though :( - although people's amazement at my walking around without a tshirt on was quite funny - it really wasn't that cold... not below 0 anyway ;)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

It'll be a miracle if I can pull my Na'vi costume off this Halloween. It's next weekend and I still have no bow or spear (I have the dowel rod for it but no idea for a spearhead), no loincloth, and no tail.

If you want great costume tips talk to Sarah Noel. She's great at cosplaying :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Sarah Noel

Thanks Txonä Rolyu! I'm posting a picture of the first time I ever attempted to do a Na'vi Costume, which was last Halloween. It's come a long way since then. Costumes can be a fluid process, constantly changing and improving.

Kamean

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

HumanNoMore, aren't you half Na'vi already?  :P
Seriously, how do you combine makeup with your tatoos?

I am going to try an avatar this Halloween (just don't have the figure to be a real Na'vi!  :'(  ) It will be basic-- face, hands/arms, hair/tswin, no ears or tail. I found some contrasting blue colors at a Halloween store here. Will be doing a test on Friday (which is a holiday here in Nevada) to see how well the colors work together, and how hard they are to apply.

One challenge for Halloween: I will be doing some rather physical work that day to move a klystron (huge power electron tube used in older TV transmitters) to my home for the museum collection. It will be interesting to see how well the makeup holds up.

One fun thing-- I am going to try and speak as much Na'vi as I can on Monday! I'll have to have the following line ready:

Keftxo! Nga ke tsun pivillte lì'fyat leNa'vi

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Human No More

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 26, 2011, 09:08:22 PM
HumanNoMore, aren't you half Na'vi already?  :P
Seriously, how do you combine makeup with your tatoos?
I didn't have them last time I did it - but I'm just going to paint over them now, it's no problem; they're exactly like normal skin when healed.

Good luck with the costume :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Well I got my miracle! Thanks to my wonderful mate, her mom, and my friend Beth from school, I have my costume! There will most definitely be pics here on LN (somewhere) after tomorrow :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Txura Rolyu

Sorry for the super large pictures but here are pictures of my costtume without paint and with. Also I have Txonä in two of these pictures just so you guys can get a preview of some of the pictures he will be posting soon. Enjoy and leave comments for me.  :D

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Kamean

Sarah Noel

I won first place at my dorm's halloween party. That trophy, a ribbon and 50$ for the University's bookstore.

Txura Rolyu

That makes three Na'vi winning a costume contest. Go us!!!  ;D
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Seze Mune

Nice jobs, y'all!  Must've been outrageous fun!

Kamean

QuoteI won first place at my dorm's halloween party. That trophy, a ribbon and 50$ for the University's bookstore.
Seykxel nìtramsì! :)

Quote from: Sarah Noel on November 01, 2011, 02:58:07 PM
I won first place at my dorm's halloween party. That trophy, a ribbon and 50$ for the University's bookstore.

Holy cheese I wish Txura and I had won that lol. I have also posted a few pics here :) Man this Halloween was a blast! And those are great pics btw Txura, I love your stripes lolol ;)

-Txonä Rolyu

Kamean

Jane MacMillan

You all look fabulous. I can't wait to gather the whole tribe in Seattle next summer. Kìyevame, ma oeya eylan.