Halloween...2012

Started by Tsufätu Ayioangä, November 11, 2011, 11:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I'm getting started super early!  because if I do it now, when i have the drive and recent memory of this year, I'll be more fueled...then I don't have to do it later!

I plan on creating a tail, ears, accessories and some makeup techniques and I'll use this thread to track progress! 

I am starting on the tail.  I got the main idea from the Anamatronic tail thread, but i will be starting with three sets of Klix.  I sorted them into colours (by the way, they SUCK!  And totally hurt yer hands so if yer sensitive, i suggest some sort of glove when working with them?) and then measured from the small of my back down to a good length.  I ended up only using three of the four colours so i have a few extras :)

After measurement, my plan is to remove the actual clicking sound and make them a little easier to move (ie, flow with the body movement)  To do this, I have a small box cutter I got in a three pack at the dollar store and I am shaving off the lines on the inside of each individual Klik.  (pictures soon)  This is a long and slow process...but I'll post more when I'm done!

Sarah Noel

Good luck! A year is enough time to gradually make a very well put together costume. Try and post progress pictures if you get the chance.