Look who I met today!

Started by Nìota, February 15, 2010, 09:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìota

On Hollywood & Highland in Los Angeles:

Usually they take pictures with Twatute as their prisoners, but because I ran up and said, "Kaltxì! Oel ngati kameie!" they gave me a spear and stood along side me! They don't speak a lick of Na'vi yet, but I pointed them toward www.LearnNavi.org! :D Please welcome them kindly when they get here.
Eywa-l oe-yä san menari sìk hawn<ei>u.

Col Quaritch

Technowraith

See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Eaite Randjam

Well well well....

(Must fight the urge to criticize......  Hurrrrrgggghhhhh)

It's cool that you met them on the street.  Did you talk with them much and ask them questions?

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Oh when they get here they will be showered in much praise! Is that body paint?
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Nìota

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on February 15, 2010, 11:12:48 PM
Well well well....

(Must fight the urge to criticize......  Hurrrrrgggghhhhh)

It's cool that you met them on the street.  Did you talk with them much and ask them questions?

No, I was headed home in Palulukan (my Nissan Versa) and saw them standing on the street, so I scrambled to find parking (no mean feat on Hollywood Blvd at 6pm), then ran over and said hi and got the pic, but the costumed people on Hwood take pictures for tips, so I didn't want to take up their time while they were "working."  Hopefully they'll show up here and I can talk to them, or I'll find them again and pester them when they're done for the day. :)

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on February 15, 2010, 11:13:58 PM
Oh when they get here they will be showered in much praise! Is that body paint?

Nope! Those are mock-turtleneck zipperback unitards. If you check my other post on this board you'll see some other members have come up with some better unitard options, but I suspect these guys put these outfits together as quickly as possible.  Maybe in time they'll work on improving some of their methods. :)

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

hmm, what contacts are they using?
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Nìota

Just your basic yellow-green cat eye contacts.  Not the correct shape, but I suspect they may have already owned these from previous costumes? Or they were just the easiest to get a hold of on Hollywood Blvd.  You can buy these kind of SFX contacts for cheap w/o a prescription in some of the stores.

Eaite Randjam

Man, I'd give an arm to have this kind of access to these resources.  I can find this stuff on the internet, but to be able to actually look at and examine what I'm buying would be awesome.  You mentioned in another thread in this forum that there's a wig shop too (for drag).  Would I ever be able to con you into ordering a wig or two for me?

Sorry for the off-topicness.

Nìota

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on February 15, 2010, 11:51:12 PM
Sorry for the off-topicness.

Not at all! The picture is mostly for the purpose of stimulating random discussion. I didn't expect we'd talk exclusively about these two people.

And I might be willing to run wig orders.  Give me a chance to look at what it's going to cost/the quality of the work I can get done.  I have a PayPal account, so handling the money should be easy enough.

jparachoniak

Must resist urge to quit job and move to Hollywood

They have a Hollywood office but its all sales :(
mì Soviet Russia, ngal ke nume nìna'viti, ngati nume nìna'vil

Nìota

Quote from: jparachoniak on February 16, 2010, 12:10:06 AM
Must resist urge to quit job and move to Hollywood

They have a Hollywood office but its all sales :(

Awww... I just want to surround myself with more Na'vi, so I think EVERYONE should move out here. :)

'Itan Atxur

Lol! We should so form our... own... tribe...

Hey! Wait a minute! (looks at sig)

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Nìota

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 16, 2010, 12:45:18 AM

Awww, I love Los Angeles too much. :( I might visit the perm tribe, but I am definitely a Cali girl. <3

Robert Nantangä Tirea

NO WAI o.o

:D

Lucky ^^. I wonder what they would have said if you strolled up in costume too xD

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Nìota on February 16, 2010, 12:56:45 AM

Awww, I love Los Angeles too much. :( I might visit the perm tribe, but I am definitely a Cali girl. <3

Lol. Hey! We might actually be based out of Cali! It hasn't been ruled out!

But yeah, over hear in NH I haven't encountered ANY Avatar enthusiasm :(. People over here are just so boring! Heck, I get in trouble when ever I try to show my fandom :P. Now I wish I was in Cali too.

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 16, 2010, 09:03:33 AM
Quote from: Nìota on February 16, 2010, 12:56:45 AM

Lol. Hey! We might actually be based out of Cali! It hasn't been ruled out!

But yeah, over hear in NH I haven't encountered ANY Avatar enthusiasm :(. People over here are just so boring! Heck, I get in trouble when ever I try to show my fandom :P. Now I wish I was in Cali too.

Haha yea people just dont know how to get excited about something and live a little. Try wearing a tsaheylu braid to school like I am today lol... SHUNNED!  :o

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

'Itan Atxur

I've been inspired by the "Brother with the great tail" and I want to do something like it, but I also need to keep my job!!

Eaite Randjam

It always seems like fandoms are looked down on by others, even though it's perfectly "normal" to obsess over bands or movies like Twilight.  *sigh*

Anywho, you should try to find the two Avatar street performers again.  Try to get them here.

Technowraith

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on February 16, 2010, 09:32:29 AM
I've been inspired by the "Brother with the great tail" and I want to do something like it, but I also need to keep my job!!

I wouldn't recommend doing anything that may get in trouble at work. But if there is a dress-down day or a some kind of upcoming party at work, ask the boss if you can wear something. Even if you have to take it off while actually on the floor, you could probably wear it on break or lunch. I wasn't sure how my boss would react, but i kinda lucked out big time. My situation certainly isn't the norm.

Outside of worl, if you have the nerve, do something. A tsayhalu braid looks a bit more normal. So you may get away with that easier than a tail. But it's certainly more fun with a tail. And even more fun with both.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm