Making a Tree of Souls?

Started by Robert Nantangä Tirea, March 03, 2010, 08:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Ok so I found this yesturday and I just HAD to share it so awesome!

http://www.birddogdistributing.com/12volt-2wire-rope-light-spool-accessory-pack-p-472.html

I am DEFNITELY saving ~$200 for 300ft, with the right tree it'll make a GREAT photoshoot with my girlfriend and I as Neytiri and Jake.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Fnua Atxkxe

:o :o :o

Cool......

Nice replica chokers BTW :) I'd buy one but, UK :(
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Payoang

That's awesome! Something to look into for AvaCon...

Technowraith

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on March 03, 2010, 08:16:37 PM

http://www.birddogdistributing.com/12volt-2wire-rope-light-spool-accessory-pack-p-472.html

I am DEFNITELY saving ~$200 for 300ft, with the right tree it'll make a GREAT photoshoot with my girlfriend and I as Neytiri and Jake.

Willow trees are the perfect trees for turning into Trees of Voices/Souls. I'll have to look into getting the quantity needed. I have a willow tree in the backyard at mom and dad's house. I prevented dad from chopping it down.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Nìota

Hehe, nice! I thought of that stuff the MINUTE I saw the Tree of Souls, but I didn't think of making one.  It would be awesome though, a really impressive display in the home to create a miniature one (Say about 1.6 meters high) in the home, or garden, above a small water feature.
Eywa-l oe-yä san menari sìk hawn<ei>u.

tsyal aymokriyä

interesting approach. but I think it's a bit too pricey to make a live size one.
looking forward to see more picture on this project.

Technowraith

When i made my Tree of Voices, i clustered all the lights in one or two areas, but positioned them in a way to make it look like the whole tree was made of them. By standing at a reasonable distance, you would see the lights cover the whole tree for the most part. It was a play on visual perspective more than anything really. Willow trees seem to be the best trees i found. They maybe other trees that work, since willow trees don't grow in all areas. Cherry trees may work (out of season though).
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Nanaki

Ok, it's very fabulous, eager to see that ;D
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Nìota

Can you imagine, just having a tree-form covered in those "planted" in your front yard? (As I don't think it would be nice to hang these off a living tree that's trying to put out its own leaves, but that's me.)  The expressions on the neighbors' faces would be priceless!

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Quote from: Nìota on March 04, 2010, 06:18:46 AM
Can you imagine, just having a tree-form covered in those "planted" in your front yard? (As I don't think it would be nice to hang these off a living tree that's trying to put out its own leaves, but that's me.)  The expressions on the neighbors' faces would be priceless!

Mmhmm, if I was going to have a permenant tree of voices in my yard, I would want a real tree but I would have built into the design a hidden framework for the lights. I would also install solar panels up on the top of the tree out of view except from directly beneath, that way the panels charge all day and run the lights at night it would be very efficent and 'green'. Also this way you could put a tree of souls anywhere in the wild and it would still light up every night, perfect for the reall life Na'vi clan people are putting together.

I was just thrilled to find them in pink. I thought of the rope lights right away but when I realized they came in such a perfect pink I was sold instantly.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Kesìltsamsiyu

Things like this make me hate living in an apartment :<. I can't wait until I can afford a place with a yard.
Phase I: IPTG -> GFP
Phase III: Avatar Botany

Nìota

Now, how awesome would it be to hide some sort of audio device in there and run some hidden cords down a couple-few of the strands that could be linked up to your hidden queue USB plug that runs up to your headphones? ;)

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on March 04, 2010, 09:01:55 AM
I was just thrilled to find them in pink. I thought of the rope lights right away but when I realized they came in such a perfect pink I was sold instantly.
I guess we could say you're Tickled Pink about the rope lights, huh?

I don't suppose this will work with a pine tree, will it?  That's what kind of trees we have around here at least...