Mo'at's beaded gown

Started by P.A.'li makto, August 19, 2012, 12:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.A.'li makto

So, after having finished Her shawl, I'm planning to make Mo'at's beaded top, too.

First I made it for mini-Mo'at. It was easy, but also less complicated than a "real size" one. (By real size I mean my size.  ;D)

But! To make a bigger top I desperately need some very good quality photos of the original one! Especially the top of the front of it, near the neck where it can't be seen in the Film!
So, if any of you has any photos of the kind, e.g. from the Exhibition, would you please share it with me so that I will be able to reproduce this precious piece of clothing?!
Than you very much for your help in advance!

Until then here's the mentioned piece in XXS size:

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Eana Unil

Kosmana fkxile alor a sunu oer, seysonìltsan :)

P.A.'li makto

Started!
'Evi sì oe started beading while Kif is creating some kind of spine-like stuff...
Pics will come soon...
:D

Blue Elf

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on October 16, 2012, 01:48:48 AM
Started!
'Evi sì oe started beading while Kif is creating some kind of spine-like stuff...
Pics will come soon...
:D
Newomum oe :)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

P.A.'li makto

Approximately one third of the needed amount is strung already. (The same kind of beads as mini-Mo'at's.) Wish us lots of patience!

Blue Elf

This amount is just one third? Oh, it looks like really big project :) Etrìpa syayvi!

Sarah Noel

I have so much respect for you for doing making Mo'at bead gown, I looked into it very briefly once, acquiring that many beads is no easy feat and I "noped" out so quick. Really, good job, so many beads.

P.A.'li makto

Well, let me tell you that beading is the easiest part of the project. (It's only matter of time and patience.) :) There are much more difficulties in it then we had thought originally. Kif is fighting with the "spine-like" part very heavily!

xelloss

Kaltxì ayngar

size 1:1, txantsana säfpìl nang !  8)

i'm curious... how much pearls do you need to create it ?

pen alor ayngahu frakrr !
Le premier homme qui est mort à du être drôlement surpris.
Partir c'est mourir un peu, et mourir c'est partir beaucoup.
La Terre est basse.
Les lénitions, en rouge

Le Na'vi fpi Ayskxawng 2022

Blue Elf

Good question - how many?
BTW - it is ioi, not pxen :)

P.A.'li makto

By my previous calculation it needs about 224 m of strings, and some 138756 beads. But it's not for sure. I will be able to tell you a more exact number when it's ready.  :)

xelloss

Kaltxì ma smuktu

Quote from: Blue Elf on October 23, 2012, 02:25:57 PMBTW - it is ioi, not pxen :)
Hmmm....
Lu pxioi kefyak ?

(pxen-ioi)

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on October 23, 2012, 02:40:22 PM
By my previous calculation it needs about 224 m of strings, and some 138756 beads. But it's not for sure. I will be able to tell you a more exact number when it's ready.  :)
:o :o :o
Using 320661  beads can be awesome...
320661 is the number of pictures you find when you extract from the Bluray (full version)
One bead per picture  ;D

kekye'unga sute ayngahu frakrr !
Le premier homme qui est mort à du être drôlement surpris.
Partir c'est mourir un peu, et mourir c'est partir beaucoup.
La Terre est basse.
Les lénitions, en rouge

Le Na'vi fpi Ayskxawng 2022

Blue Elf

By my previous calculation it needs about 224 m of strings, and some 138756 beads. But it's not for sure. I will be able to tell you a more exact number when it's ready.  :)
It's simply unbelievable, I didn't expected such number. I hope you didn't count it one by one :)

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Blue Elf on October 24, 2012, 01:12:05 PM
It's simply unbelievable, I didn't expected such number. I hope you didn't count it one by one :)
Of course not!  :) I measured the beads (they're quite tiny, 2mm), made some drawings, and tried to figure out the number/length  of the needed strings... I suppose it' s a maximum number, so hopefully it will be less than that.  :)
The technique is very simple, I can even watch films while doing it. (For weeks I've been doing a "Northern Exposure" marathon; one episode is long enough to string 4-4.5 m-s...)

Eana Unil

That is pretty amazing and stunning at the same time. I'd never have the patience for this, though I like to knit and stuff, but THIS?! I don't know what to say, except for WOU nì'aw. Nga lu maweypeyyu nang! Txantsana fkxilet sleyku ngal! :)

Kifkeyä Nari

All the bead-strings have been finished.
Next task: the central spine-like part of the gown. Being in progress...

P.A.'li makto

Trying to make a frame for the gown, the two "spines" are attached together. (Not the final version; it needs painting first.)

P.S.: My right arm was burnt 2 hours ago when making pizza...

Eana Unil

Pretty amazing, looks like that was quite some work, wasn't it?! ;D

Looking forward to see more of the progress to come :) Keep it up!  :D

Niri Te

I'm sorry that your arm was burned, that must have been quite a string of Hungarian when THAT happened. Please show us the gown when it is finished.
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

P.A.'li makto

QuoteI'm sorry that your arm was burned, that must have been quite a string of Hungarian when THAT happened
Actually, I'm quite used to it. (Very clumsy gal...  :P)   ;D It's a crime what I do to my body all the time!  :-X