Mo'at's leaf-printed shawl

Started by Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite, February 10, 2011, 12:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on November 11, 2011, 06:17:34 AM
Looking at your shawl and comparing it to Mo'at's, i'd say that you should make more, thinner veins in between the larger ones. I would give you a picture of your shawl and one of Mo'at's as a comparison but the computer i'm on right now, which is one in my school, isn't capable of copying images. I'll post them when i get home and are able to use my family's own computer  :).
I think you're right.

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on November 11, 2011, 11:03:13 AM
Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on November 11, 2011, 06:17:34 AM
Looking at your shawl and comparing it to Mo'at's, i'd say that you should make more, thinner veins in between the larger ones. I would give you a picture of your shawl and one of Mo'at's as a comparison but the computer i'm on right now, which is one in my school, isn't capable of copying images. I'll post them when i get home and are able to use my family's own computer  :).
I think you're right.

I'm glad to help you with the shawl  :).

Want me to post those pictures i mentioned  ????
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sarah Noel

The "Dragon Fly" wing thing that everyone keeps talking about has a replica in the exhibit in Seattle. I remember the caption saying it was Mo'at's, but until now I never remembered seeing it in the movie anywhere. Now I know it was under the shawl. Mikkowilson took this picture at the June meet up.
The dragonfly wings sort of disappear against the white showcase box, but I hoped this helped.

Seze Mune

Nice job, Sarah.  Thank you for posting that.

P.A.'li makto

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Irayo nìtxan, ma Sära  :)!

Here are the pictures i was talking about:

If you look closely enough on Mo'at's shawl you'll notice that it has much more smaller veins in between the large ones. You might want to consider painting some more veins on it  ;).
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

P.A.'li makto

QuoteIf you look closely enough on Mo'at's shawl you'll notice that it has much more smaller veins in between the large ones. You might want to consider painting some more veins on it
Absolutely YES! I decided to go on painting more veins on it.
Thanks for the comments!
And about Sarah's picture:  :o :o :o! I mean: wou! I don't think I could do it! (And to be honest, I don't really like it. I thought it was something nicer Mo'at wore... ) But anyway: I'm happy to see it finally, I wanted it sooo much, and now I have this picture, so thanks again, Sarah! If there's any more pics of Mo'at's stuffs I would be glad to see them all...  :)

P.A.'li makto

P.A.'li makto

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

P.A.'li makto

Thanks to all of you so much for your precious help! The shawl's veining is finished, but I've got plenty to do, since I'm quite far from being ready yet. In December there will be 2 conventions (on 10th and 17th) and I'd like to show up as a Mo'at-like creature at least at one of them. (Any more progress will be seen on "soaia leNa'vi [A Na'vi család] (Cosplay)" page.)

Irayo nìmun, ma smuktu!
ta Pam

ma Pam, are those for sale at all?:D

P.A.'li makto

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

I noticed of course, the lovely shawl.  I thought perhaps the is was tatted of bobbib lace to resemble a leaf.  Perhaps it WAS a large leaf or leaves, sewn together.
I also noticed on the end credits of the movie that one person was employed who designed the fabrics for Pandora.  Perhaps you could contact her!

P.A.'li makto

At the weekend I could try out my cosplay... (Dragonfly-wing-stuff is still missing, but sooner or later it will be made!)

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

I love the last picture and that your child is willing to play dead!
So what creature would host the new spirit? :D

eejmensenikbenhet

Your costume looks nice indeed! Is the leaf already flurescent? 'Cause then I'd love to see a night picture of it.
Even though this shawl (unfortunately) isn't worn a lot in the movie, it looks quite good in real life!

Txantsan nì'aw ma Pam. 8)