My "Turok Tooth" Necklace

Started by Mako, March 13, 2010, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Ok, so I call this my "Turok Tooth" necklace, and if you pay close enough attention in the movie, it's definitely close. Truth is, it's made of a light wood from Jamaica, probably from driftwood, but I don't know for sure. Whatever it is, I wear it with my tribal choker, adding to my look.

Yeah, so thoughts? (I beg your pardon for the quality)

Nanaki

It's very beautiful !! I love it :D
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Tsu'tey

Ich bleibe in Erinnerung. Ich habe mit Toruk Makto gekämpft. Und wir waren Brüder. Und er war mein letzter Schatten.

Txonyä'ite

Eaite Randjam

The choker and necklace look marvelous together.  Now you just need to work on that tan!  Just kidding.  ;D

Mako

During the summer mate, during the summer :P

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Sänumeyu on March 13, 2010, 10:48:55 PM
During the summer mate, during the summer :P
That's certainly true.  We have those things called Winter don't we?  haha

I did have a legitimate question though.  Did you make the Toruk tooth necklace or buy it?  Where, if the latter.  I was also thinking the cord of the necklace is a good contrast from the choker, but then again might not be as natural looking in black.  Is it just me, or does anyone else think so as well?

Mako

I could have sworn I was clear that it was bought in Jamaica, but maybe not :P

Eaite Randjam

Sorry for my incompetence.  I should have realized that when you said "...it's made of a light wood from Jamaica, probably from driftwood, but I don't know for sure."

KxanìaTaronyu

Quote from: Sänumeyu on March 13, 2010, 11:05:09 PM
I could have sworn I was clear that it was bought in Jamaica, but maybe not :P

Not to be a stalker/retard, but you sound like a bit of a a**hole there.  :o
"Oel kameie ayngati. Irayo ayngaru ulte Eywa ngahu. 'Ivong Na'vi aysmukan sì aysmuke. Aynga lu Eywayä ayeylan ulte aynga lu yawne oer. Kìyevame!" 

Mako

I was trying to keep that as light toned as possible, and no, Eaite, you're not incompetent.

Robert Nantangä Tirea

I don't think a black strand is a problem, I'm sure there are plenty of dark brown/black dyes available from plants on Pandora. Plus the contrast looks good and they what counts. And if you wanted to get very technical you could say it's made out of hair because all the Na'vi (we saw atleast) have black hair.

You're right about the angular shape, when I clicked on the thread I was thinking "hmm Turok Tooth, this could be interesting (ffs why does surfer Na'vi keep being brought up! ;D)" but when I saw the picture I instantly noted it had a very similar rhombus shape.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Mako

It's nice to see the master of all cosplay showing up :P They make me cover it for baseball *hiss* which I insanely don't like.