China is gonna flatten out 700 mountains

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, December 07, 2012, 05:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

China is now gonna flatten out 700 mountains to build a very huge city, to an area of 1300 square km.
For China, it will cost 3.5 billion dollars to do this.
For me this sounds really crazy. For real? Destroying so much land? Damn you China
How will this affect the climate, I think really much. Damn you China, I'm dissapointed you doing this

Anyone else here who agree with me?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/06/china-flatten-mountain-lanzhou-new-area

Tìtstewan

Thats really crazy! To flatting 700 mountains need a crazy number of machines and equipment. I won't know, how much environment pollution all the buildingmachines will cause.
The mountain are important, becaue the monsune rain and so. And by the way, why they want to build a new mega city? They don't have other locations fot this huge project?

If the human destroy the nature, they will destroy themself...
Unbeliveble! I hope they don't to this crazy project.

For the love of earth, don't do that, China!

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 07, 2012, 05:38:38 PM
Thats really crazy! To flatting 700 mountains need a crazy number of machines and equipment. I won't know, how much environment pollution all the buildingmachines will cause.
The mountain are important, becaue the monsune rain and so. And by the way, why they want to build a new mega city? They don't have other locations fot this huge project?

If the human destroy the nature, they will destroy themself...
Unbeliveble! I hope they don't to this crazy project.

For the love of earth, don't do that, China!

I agree, this is total madness.
I believe, one day everything will fall, and then I mean everything.

To be honest, what I think, the human race won't survive out the next century, if this continues. That's what I believe, and what I think.

There is more, I have heard that the climate negotiations this year in Doha,Qatar will collapse.
Participants in the meeting fear this will happen, and that doesn't sound good :(
http://www.businessinsider.com/climate-talks-are-on-brink-of-collapse-as-anger-rises-against-qatari-hosts-2012-12

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on December 07, 2012, 05:45:18 PM
I agree, this is total madness.
I believe, one day everything will fall, and then I mean everything.

To be honest, what I think, the human race won't survive out the next century, if this continues. That's what I believe, and what I think.
I think not. People have among the few organisms the potential to continue to survive.
And if necessary, they survive like the cockroaches.

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on December 07, 2012, 05:45:18 PM
There is more, I have heard that the climate negotiations this year in Doha,Qatar will collapse.
Participants in the meeting fear this will happen, and that doesn't sound good :(
http://www.businessinsider.com/climate-talks-are-on-brink-of-collapse-as-anger-rises-against-qatari-hosts-2012-12
Not the first time. Watch Rio. :(

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Niri Te

I am TRULY beginning to hope that Mother Earth protects herself from this "Human INFESTATION" by taking All of Species Homo Sapians OUT with a Viral Global Pandemic for which there is NO CURE!!
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Niri Te on December 07, 2012, 06:34:23 PM
I am TRULY beginning to hope that Mother Earth protects herself from this "Human INFESTATION" by taking All of Species Homologue Sapians OUT with a Viral Global Pandemic for which there is NO CURE!!
Do not worry. The humanity is the only species that able to destroy himself. I believe the earth will unfortunately have some damages. :(

bommel

Quote from: Niri Te on December 07, 2012, 06:34:23 PM
I am TRULY beginning to hope that Mother Earth protects herself from this "Human INFESTATION" by taking All of Species Homo Sapians OUT with a Viral Global Pandemic for which there is NO CURE!!
That's exactly what some terrorists tried to do in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six... Unfortunately I don't think there is a real alternative for "saving the planet". Just look at the current climate conference where they can't agree on more restrictive regulations. Those who make the decisions today have just their profit in mind but they won't have to face the consequences. They will be dead when the next generations have to face them.

Raiden

Wouldn't it be a shame if the Yhangtze river dam just kinda...exploded?

Like, with missles?

Sure would cut down the population size....   
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Niri Te

Just remember what you said Raiden,  should someone manage to sneak a mini sub carrying about. Megaton device into Los Angeles Harbor and detonate it as a "Water Burst". If that ever happens,  I will remind you of your statement. It is one thing to use Nuclear Weapons as what they they were designed for,  and quite another to use them as "population control" on another Nation. You need to spend some time in a nuclear unit of the military,  as I did,  before you make statements like that.

Raiden

Quote from: Niri Te on December 10, 2012, 05:23:27 AM
Just remember what you said Raiden,  should someone manage to sneak a mini sub carrying about. Megaton device into Los Angeles Harbor and detonate it as a "Water Burst". If that ever happens,  I will remind you of your statement. It is one thing to use Nuclear Weapons as what they they were designed for,  and quite another to use them as "population control" on another Nation. You need to spend some time in a nuclear unit of the military,  as I did,  before you make statements like that.

Please re-read my post.

I never even hinted at nuclear weaponry.

Niri Te

NO,  YOU JUST "HINTED" at wiping out several million Chinese peasents in the wall of water racing downstream after a missile strike,  that would take out the dam. THAT would enrage enough people to where someone would attempt to take out all of Southern California in retaliation.

Quote from: Raiden on December 10, 2012, 08:26:33 PM
Quote from: Niri Te on December 10, 2012, 05:23:27 AM

Please re-read my post.

I never even hinted at nuclear weaponry.

Raiden

Quote from: Niri Te on December 11, 2012, 06:55:33 AM
NO,  YOU JUST "HINTED" at wiping out several million Chinese peasents in the wall of water racing downstream after a missile strike,  that would take out the dam. THAT would enrage enough people to where someone would attempt to take out all of Southern California in retaliation.

The Yhangtze dam has just about killed the river.

There are frequent fish kills from anoxic zones that form underwater due to eutrophication from the reduced flow and farming runoff. This "aquatic rot" is also a great source of methane, which is a potent greenhouse gas.

The chinese river dolphin, one of the few freshwater dolphin species in the world, is teetering on the edge of extinction, because of the dam.

I think this illustrates the foolishness of the dam well enough. I really don't care how many people would be drowned or flooded out if it were destroyed, because the survival of a species is worth so much more than the loss of a few of another species.

And it would be great if Southern California were destroyed; California probably has more endangered species than Texas and Florida combined, and it's because people keep building s*** everywhere.

Zusupa Tanhì

??? Have some faith in humanity, my soaia! I'm all for the removal of dams that are killing the Earth, but it's not worth war. China can evacuate the people living in the flood zone and take it down themselves.

California...oh, the population density... :'(
Stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent.
Always be discreet.
Do not compromise the Brotherhood.
~The Assassin's Creed

Raiden

Quote from: Zusupa Tanhì on December 18, 2012, 05:46:59 AM
??? Have some faith in humanity, my soaia! I'm all for the removal of dams that are killing the Earth, but it's not worth war. China can evacuate the people living in the flood zone and take it down themselves.

California...oh, the population density... :'(

Faith?

I ran out of faith for Homo sapiens a long time ago.

Our species is a terrible mess and I wish some kind of disaster would put us out of our misery.

Zusupa Tanhì

Quote from: Raiden on December 18, 2012, 12:15:20 PM
Faith?

Our species is a terrible mess and I wish some kind of disaster would put us out of our misery.

What about you and I? The others in the LN family? Eywa! Do you think no tantute (that means sky person, right?) deserves to live?
Always be discreet.
~The Assassin's Creed

Raiden

Quote from: Zusupa Tanhì on December 18, 2012, 02:36:45 PM
Quote from: Raiden on December 18, 2012, 12:15:20 PM
Faith?

What about you and I? The others in the LN family? Eywa! Do you think no tantute (that means sky person, right?) deserves to live?

The net effects of our species, when analyzed as a single unit, are negative.

A species can very easily go extinct without losing all of its members at the same time. The only reason I stick around LN and ToS is because I think that Avatar has produced a group of people that I can tolerate better than others.

Zusupa Tanhì

Quote from: Raiden on December 20, 2012, 06:01:58 PMThe net effects of our species, when analyzed as a single unit, are negative.

A species can very easily go extinct without losing all of its members at the same time. The only reason I stick around LN and ToS is because I think that Avatar has produced a group of people that I can tolerate better than others.

So pessimistic. ??? I guess you just need to cheer up a little.

------

On another note, I remembered later that tawtute means skyperson, not tantute xD
Always be discreet.
~The Assassin's Creed