Environmental and Cultural Activism / News    (This section in honor of James Cameron) > Environmental News and Events

Little things we can do every day to save our Mother Earth

(1/3) > >>

Eana Unil:
Well, maybe not save, but at least cut down the pollution, waste, shortly destruction everyone of us causes everyday.
Let's collect ideas and tips in order to do what we can, even if they're so small that they seem to matter nothing at all. And let's try to make these ideas become everyday actions.

Name one, name many, every idea counts.

- Recycle. Everything. Whenever possible. Even if you're not sure whether it makes sense or not.

- Use recycled toilet paper, meaning toilet paper made from recycled paper, e.g.; even if it's not as fluffy as the 4-ply one.

- Don't buy/get a new mobile/cell phone every year just because it's fancy or inclusive, especially if your current one still works perfectly fine.

- Don't buy candy or whatever wrapped in a ton of foil, just because it's much more comfortable and neat to have every piece wrapped individually.

- Cut down the amount of meat you eat.

- Buy eggs and meat from happy animals from the region where you live. Support local farmers, butchers, ...

What you got? :)

Toruk Makto:
All good suggestions!

uniltiranyu aean:
this is exactly my view.

-may be, use less electricity? Its still exist a lot of power stations..sooo, first charge your cell phone when it has less than 20 percent. Do the same with your Laptop and other things, which need electricity.
-Use lunch boxes or don't pack your meal everyday in new aluminium foil.

not that good, but every step helps, I think...

Tìtstewan:

--- Quote from: Eana Unil on April 22, 2015, 09:56:31 am ---Name one, name many, every idea counts.
--- End quote ---
These are greate suggestions! :D

Just a few things...

--- Quote from: Eana Unil on April 22, 2015, 09:56:31 am ---- Don't buy/get a new mobile/cell phone every year just because it's fancy or inclusive, especially if your current one still works perfectly fine.
--- End quote ---
Mllte oe. Släää...
I would expand that to more devices such as PC, tablets etc.
I try to use my stuff as long as possible. If something is broken, I try to fix it. Only if a thing isn't fixable I will buy a new one. Also, I try to use older devices as a reserve; eg. if my mobile phone broke I have an older phone.
Unfortunately, technology become more and more complex that if something doesn't work anymore, one can't fix it easily. Also not to forget the "planned obsolescence"...

--- Quote from: Eana Unil on April 22, 2015, 09:56:31 am ---- Don't buy candy or whatever wrapped in a ton of foil, just because it's much more comfortable and neat to have every piece wrapped individually.
--- End quote ---
I buy only huge sized packs full of sweet things. :) The only plastic is the box (one can use it for store miscelanious things in later).

Toliman:

--- Quote ---I would expand that to more devices such as PC, tablets etc.
I try to use my stuff as long as possible. If something is broken, I try to fix it. Only if a thing isn't fixable I will buy a new one. Also, I try to use older devices as a reserve; eg. if my mobile phone broke I have an older phone.
--- End quote ---
I totally agree.

--- Quote ---Unfortunately, technology become more and more complex that if something doesn't work anymore, one can't fix it easily. Also not to forget the "planned obsolescence"...
--- End quote ---
It is unfortunately true  :( Many older technology can be relatively easily repaired. Minor defects are often fatal for new technologies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version