United Nation's Climate Summit 2014

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, September 24, 2014, 12:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

CyanRachel

Irayo for posting these videos! Inspiring stuff.

And I was in NYC on the day of the Climate March -- that was cool! I think I heard there were 400,000 people involved -- Wow!  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Vawmataw

Did Stephen Harper attend this summit?
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on October 05, 2014, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on October 05, 2014, 06:11:12 PM

According to this, it doesn't look like he attended the summit
http://www.un.org/climatechange/summit/list-speakers/

That's really bad. Canada is an industrialized country.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Vawmataw on October 05, 2014, 08:11:03 PM
Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on October 05, 2014, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on October 05, 2014, 06:11:12 PM

According to this, it doesn't look like he attended the summit
http://www.un.org/climatechange/summit/list-speakers/

That's really bad. Canada is an industrialized country.

Yeah, because of all the mining your country is working on. I see a lot of documentaries on tv that shows for an example like gold mining and other stuff. Your prime minister should do something about this. Start protesting against him.

Vawmataw

I think that the only way to stop that is to vote for a better person.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Vawmataw on October 05, 2014, 08:22:54 PM
I think that the only way to stop that is to vote for a better person.

Ok, so when is the next parliamentary election for Canada? I believe you have the system as us, that you have multiple political parties, that if a political party wins the election, the leader of that party will take charge as the prime minister, and also choose a finance minister, foreign minister etc...
I know you are a commonwealth country to UK where Elizabeth II is the monarch but she is not the top leader. It is like here, we have a king and a queen but they are not the top leaders of the country. Those guys sitting in the parliament are the top leaders.

Anyways since you are 14 years old, you can't vote for a political party. How about your parents? What political party are they with?

Tìtstewan

Voting a new person doesn't help really, because the mining corporation lobby will do a lot of work to prevent new laws that would be "against" their industry...
The next election in Canada should be on October 19, 2015

Off-topic,
Queen Elizabeth is the sovereign of Canada, but she have only representative jobs. The executive powers have the prime minister.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

QuoteVoting a new person doesn't help really
If the people vote a honest and brave person, not only a new person. ;)

QuoteAnyways since you are 14 years old, you can't vote for a political party.
I can vote in the next provincial elections if everything goes well, so in 2018 (I will be major in 2018). :D

QuoteOk, so when is the next parliamentary election for Canada? I believe you have the system as us, that you have multiple political parties, that if a political party wins the election, the leader of that party will take charge as the prime minister, and also choose a finance minister, foreign minister etc...
Exactly.

QuoteI know you are a commonwealth country to UK where Elizabeth II is the monarch but she is not the top leader. It is like here, we have a king and a queen but they are not the top leaders of the country. Those guys sitting in the parliament are the top leaders.
Well, symbolically, she is, but the constitution gives almost all the monarch's power to the institutions.