Yes or no to oil production in Lofoten,Norway?

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, March 27, 2012, 03:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes or No?

Yes
4 (26.7%)
No
11 (73.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Ithisa Kīranem on March 28, 2013, 07:44:40 PM
Nuclear waste can be dug up after like 10 years when it would still be very radioactive but not extremely so. Then it can be put into lead boxes with holes in them used as radiation sources for experiments and cancer therapy. But no, that sounds too scary for the public, and it's in the interest of oil and coal companies to keep nodding.

It's also usually the wrong type of material for medical use.  It depends on what it is.  Some of the used material gets carted off to maintain our overkill stockpile of weapons grade material to keep it... "fresh".  But the security, and admittedly environmental risk of retransporting it often outweighs the cost of just buying "new".

Hence the best will be when solid fusion reactors come out and we can just reuse everything and reduce it into an inert form.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Of course, but fusion won't be economically very viable for like 20 years at least.

Retransporting nuclear fuel has a mostly security risk of people stealing it I guess.
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Now when we are talking about oil, Norway will have an oil disaster base, and will be one of the four ones in the whole world
I read the news that this base will be here, in this city I live in. This oil disaster base will monitor the areas from the Mediterranean Sea and up to the Arctic. Well, that's very good. If there is happening an oil disaster, it is them who are going to take care of it, and this can be very profitable, if there will be many oil platforms through the Northern Norway. There is currently now not existing a single oil platform in the whole Northern Norway.

But this will happen in June 2016.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Remember when I said that 10 out of 19 Labour Party county-teams are saying yes to oil drilling in Lofoten?
Well, now there is 11 out of 19. Another county-team is saying yes to imapct assessment of Lofoten :(
This was very sad. This came from the county Rogaland at southwestern part of Norway.

Official news(Norwegian): http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nordland/1.10981460

http://translate.google.no/translate?sl=no&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nordland/1.10981460

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Bad news :(

The leading party in the gouvernment saying yes to impact assessment for oil drilling in Lofoten. The voting was in a national convention for Labour Party. There was 298 delegates with voting rights in the saddle. 194 of them said yes, while only 104 said no.

So it seems like it wll be oil drilling there afterall :( Lofoten is a vulnerable area, and is the largest fishing industry in the world.
This area is really important for the future for our country.

Labour Party in Norway says yes to an impact assessment for oil drilling in Lofoten
The majority of the editorial committee endorsed an impact beyond Loves.
So did the majority of the congress of the Labour Party when voting was conducted through 11 am Sunday morning.
A total of 298 delegates with voting rights in the courtroom.
With 194 votes against 104, the congress went on to open for an impact assessment in areas off Lofoten, Vesterålen and Senja.
Director of the program, Helga Pedersen, stressing that the decision to open areas for oil drilling should not be made before the congress in 2015.
AUF is still on her. They believe a "yes" to impact largely the same as saying "yes" to oil drilling.
It sparked wild applause from the audience when AUF presented their arguments.

Official news(Norwegian): http://www.an.no/nyheter/article6615344.ece

http://worldnewsbeyond.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/labour-party-in-norway-says-yes-to-an-impact-assessment-for-oil-drilling-in-lofoten/

Tìtstewan

Sad to read that. :(
The parties still get their bill as soon as there is a disaster happen. But then it will been too late fot the nature.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I don't like Labour Party. They are like communism. They will also introduce gender-neutral military and discontinue fur farms(well that is a good thing). They want to stop fur farms.

But they are like a communism.

Irtaviš Ačankif

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on April 21, 2013, 11:04:08 AM
I don't like Labour Party. They are like communism. They will also introduce gender-neutral military and discontinue fur farms(well that is a good thing). They want to stop fur farms.

But they are like a communism.
Gender-neutral military is good too. But yes, generally I don't like parties with the name "labor" in them around the world - they often end up making economically irresponsible decisions to temporarily help the "laborers" (such as raising the minimum wage) but damage the economy and end up harming laborers in the end.
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on April 21, 2013, 11:04:08 AM
Labour Party
Off topic humor:

Play on words: Labour party = party of labour (act of a woman giving birth)  :o  ;D

On topic:
Quote from: Ithisa Kīranem on April 21, 2013, 05:36:40 PM
Gender-neutral military is good too. But yes, generally I don't like parties with the name "labor" in them around the world - they often end up making economically irresponsible decisions to temporarily help the "laborers" (such as raising the minimum wage) but damage the economy and end up harming laborers in the end.
Economically and environmentally irresponsible.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Tupìawo'o

deffo not. that place is a real beauty. that would be another "pandora" on planet earth that will be destroyed.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Oil or World Heritage?

Allan Sande works as a professor of sociology at the University of Nordland. In his new book, The Battle of Lofoten. Oil or World Heritage? analyzes Sande conflict between the old and the new industries in Lofoten.

- The reason that I am now writing about Lofoten is that it is an important national issue, says Sande to aftenbladet.

At 24:30, he presents his new book of the Parliamentary Energy and Environment Committee

- The new battle of Lofoten is now between traditional fisheries and the new export industry, oil and gas Sande writes the book cover.

In the book, he looks at how research, business interests, popular movements and political parties taking part in and influence the conflict.

Official News(Norwegian): http://www.aftenbladet.no/energi/Slaget-om-Lofoten-til-Stortinget-3187362.html#.UcTb8_n0EYE

http://worldnewsbeyond.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/battle-of-lofoten-to-the-parliament-of-norway-oil-or-world-heritage/

Vawmataw

24:30 doesn't exist.
I hope he will make change their mind.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Kameyu a Kepekmì on June 21, 2013, 06:15:55 PM
24:30 doesn't exist.
I hope he will make change their mind.

0:30 dude. We in Norway say that time. We say 1-24, or you can say 00:00 etc....
Not 1-12 am, 1-12 pm. We don't have pm or am.

Vawmataw

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Just a week or two weeks ago, i heard there was an oilspill here in Norway. And we Norway have had 40 oilspills in just one year. From last year to today. All these oilspills were in the North Sea, at the Norwegian territory.

http://worldnewsbeyond.wordpress.com/2013/07/11/40-oil-spills-in-the-norwegian-area-of-north-sea-in-one-year/

Official news: http://www.framtidinord.no/ntb/innenriks/article7761883.ece

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

It is 2 weeks now till the Parliamentary election. Then we will see who the new Prime Minister in Norway will be. The current Prime Minister, Jens Stoltenberg, wants to have oil drilling in the vulnerable waters around North-Norway, from the northern parts of Nordland County and Finmark. Lofoten is one of the places we are talking about the most of. Lofoten is the world's biggest fish-export. Everything can go wrong, if there will be introduced that it will be oildrilling there. if an oil-catastrophy takes places, the entere economy to Norway will fall apart.
Jens Stoltenberg is the party leader of the Labour Party. The party leader of the Conservative Party, Erna Solberg, has a good chance to win the elction. Jens Stoltenberg and Erna Solberg standing on an equal line to win the election. We have also the party leader of Progress Party, Siv Jensen, who also have a good chance to get most votes in the election. Every norwegian citizen have the right to vote. Only those who are over 18 years old, can vote in the national election. There is also this what called "school elections", where students can vote for a party.

http://www.regjeringen.no/en/dep/krd/information-campaigns/election_portal/valg/the-parliamentary-storting-election.html?id=538253

Jens Stoltenberg(current Prime Minister of Norway)

Erna Solberg

Siv Jensen

If i am going to vote i would vote for Erna Solberg. She doesn't want to have oil drilling, and she will be a much better prime minister than Jens Stoltenberg. A lot of people hate him, because after he said he want to start oil drilling.

Vawmataw

QuoteIf i am going to vote i would vote for Erna Solberg.
I recommand you to vote, because it IS important for your country.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

My decision to vote stands between the Conservative Party(Erna Solberg) and the Progress Party(Siv Jensen). 50/50 chance that i will vote one of them.

Election Day is only 7 days away now, monday next week.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

And the voting has closed and it is official, of who have won. Erna Solberg will be the next Prime Minister of Norway. Jens Stoltenberg have lost the election, but Siv Jensen has been elected by Erna Solberg as the Finance Minister of Norway.

The gouvernment will be blue-green. Erna Solberg and Siv Jensen is at the same team.

You have also what is a red-green gouvernment. Jens Stoltenberg is part of that, so he and his team lost, and got less votes. The blue-green gouvernment got the most votes, and the Conservative Party is the team-leader of the blue-green gouvernment so Erna Solberg is elected as the next Prime Minister of Norway. I knew she and her team would win this. Finally, Jens Stoltenberg is out of this.

And the blue-green gouvernment is against the project for oildrilling in Lofoten and Vesterålen. What i also like about the blue-green gouvernment, is that they also want more private schools, and also wants to remove that we don't need to pay tolls.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Seems like the battle for an oil-free Lofoten is over. Very very good news. My country, Norway have got a new gouvernment, and they are against oil-drilling in Lofoten, so that means that this case is closed. I am so happy this is all over now. From the agreement for new gouvernment-plans, it says that they are planning for an oil-free Lofoten and Vesterålen and the Arctic aswell will be oil-free to drill after oil. The 4 new leading gouvernment-parties has got to that agreement.