England

Started by Kretän, January 13, 2010, 01:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsyalatun te Eyktan Txuratu'itan

I guess we need some motivation to compile a list of interested folk, and then try and work out a location, date and decide what we want to do.  Unfortunately, (as far as I know) we don't have an Avatar exhibit.

I'm also still travelling back from the Seattle meetup... and I guess we should consider the chaos that the Olympics is causing.

Palulukan Maktoyu

I would definitely have an interest, as much closer and would be awesome to meet a few of you since sadly i wasn't able to be at this years meetup.  ( am in Burnley , lancs)
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Tsmuktengan

I would definitely be interested in an event in the UK, if only there was news of the eventuality of something showing up. It is pretty easy to travel from the continent.

Lahea Te Ketuwong Tarnahì'ite

Anyone from the east? Norfolk? :)
Oeyä swizaw nìngay tivakuk
Oeyä tukrul txe'lanit tivakuk
Oeri tìngayìl txe'lanit tivakuk
Oeyä txe'lan livu ngay.

My BLOG

Our tsmuke sì tsmukan at ToS have been thinking about having a mini-meet.  So far, the proposal is for the London area, possibly visiting Kew Gardens, 4th - 8th April 2013.

The link to the ToS thread is: http://www.tree-of-souls.com/meetups/5365-uk_minimeet-3.html

I'll post updates to this thread as I hear them too, if others haven't already updated this thread.

Eltusiyu

Any1 from Manchester. I moved there. I can speak English and Na'vi ;)

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Alan

Quote from: Kxrekorikus on March 07, 2013, 04:11:07 PM
Any1 from Manchester. I moved there. I can speak English and Na'vi ;)

Kaltxi Kxrekorikus :)

We are having a mini-meet up in London at the beginning of April if you want to join us.  Just check out link in Tsyalatun's post above your post to find out more details.  Welcome to the UK, by the way.  :D

Alan

Eltusiyu

Yeah. I know. But it's too far and too expensive for me (I'm still looking for a job :().

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Alan

Aww....  Well I hope you find a job soon.  I'm sure there will be other meet ups along the way. :)

Alan

Eraisuithiel

Well I'm on my year abroad right now so will be all over the place until the end of this year, but I normally live in Nottingham, originally from round Chester way, anyone nearby?

Alan

Well, I'm in the next county of Derbyshire.  Perhaps see you around then

Alan

Well, we're getting to the end of another year, and there's a bright shiny new one just around the corner.  Are there any thoughts as to a meet up next year?

Alan

Interesting question?  Which meet up and where?

This year there was a mini-meet up in London and New Jersey.  There is EuroAvatar in Germany and AvatarMeet 2014 in the US, which are more major meet ups.

Not a lot is organised for next year as far as I know although AvatarMeet 2014 is slowly being worked on in the background.

What are your thoughts?

Alan

Quote from: Alan on November 07, 2013, 01:34:33 PM
Interesting question?  Which meet up and where?
Well, somewhere in the UK?

Quote from: Alan on November 07, 2013, 01:34:33 PM
What are your thoughts?
Has any interest been expressed from our eylan on ToS?

Alan

Maybe we could try Edinburgh and pester a certain Clarke ;)

Must admit I haven't seen anything I ToS.  I'll have to go look...

...nope.  Nothing that I can see there.

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

You should schedule your 2014 meetup to be just before or after Worldcon in August. It is in London this year, and would give me a huge excuse to attend both!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Ooooo....Now there's a thought ;)

Alan

Tsyesìka

Hey,

I'd be really interested in a meetup if one was happening. I'm around the Lancaster area (just above Manchester) though I could travel if needed. I was going to suggest a camping trip a while back, a na'vi only trip but never got round to it, i think i may had mentioned it on team speak. Anyway a meetup would be awesome, count me in.

Alan

Well there might be a mini-meet in London in early Jan as an Avatar friend is coming from Australia and intends dropping by on his travels.  If I find out more I shall post.

Alan