Great Britain summer meet up

Started by sezawte, February 18, 2010, 12:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sezawte

Who would in theory be interested in a meet up (probably in London) in summer from Great Britain (this would be open to others but you'd have to sort out travel arrangements)
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

kewnya txamew'itan

As one of the only members to turn up at the original meetup, I would be glad to come.
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

TesterScot

I'd be interested; but, it would depend on how much it would cost for me to travel from SW Scotland  ::)

Irayoru 'Awve Tìkameie for the profile pic. Go to http://www.mpandoraln.weebly.com to see his ongoing work.
Brand New Learner - please correct my usage 8-)

archaic

Interested yes, but I have to juggle work and other commitments. If I can, I'd like to come. Sitting on my own in a different Pizza hut has limited appeal.

(I just noticed I was at 99 posts, so I came here to make my 100th post, it seemed appropriate)
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Nyx

There are also budding plans for a european meet-up in the summer, you guys should check that out :). That said, I'd totally be interested in being an invading ketuwong at your meet up, if I have time and money for it.

sezawte

This is in addition to the European meet up, because this is intended for us brits (although others are welcome to attend)
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Fnua Atxkxe

I'd definately be intrested. It's lonely being a Na'vi learner in Scotland :(
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

brionywolf

I think I definitely would, as long as I don't embarrace myself with how little of the language I know - I don't pick it up well.

Tonbogiri

Sounds like a great idea:
I'm from Newcastle, and I am suspicious of a few other Na'Vi nearby, none have contacted eachother.
A big meetup sounds great!
So great I'll say the word "great" again!
And again!

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Fnua Atxkxe

So is this going to happen or what?

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Tonbogiri

Certainly.
Does anyone in particular want to organise:
I think one or two days, maybe in summer (holidays please!) in some location where we can do things like language practice, barbecue, and other fun stuff. A project for the future may be one of these primitive living courses run at certain times of the year by outdoor activity centres.
In the meantime, is there any kind of organiser pro who wants to get places and dates sorted?

Fnua Atxkxe

If it's going to be London, would be best if someone who is in London and knows it well to organize, I've been quite a few times but don't know the streets as such. Might be good to have a google map for everyone who wants to come to place pin on so we can easily see where everyone is. Two days would be better, is a long way to go for a one day trip for me ;D. Depending on how many people are coming, would be good if someone knows a good, cheap place to stay. Then we just need to know what we want to do. All of above sound fun :D

Tonbogiri

I've just been reading the thread for the real life tribe - if there were to be a practice expedition (1-2 weeks) then it could prove too costly for me if it's in Australia or Canada or whatnot. If there are any other Brits in the same situation as me, I think it would be good to have a practice week of primal living sometime in the near future.
A good place is the Lake District (but camping permission there can be difficult...), anyone else know any good places?
I will also post this idea to the moderators behind the real-life plans.

Fnua Atxkxe

The Real Life Tribe is awesome! You're talking to one of the people insane enough to do that *grins*. I hope to be able to go on the expedition but another one is always welcome. I think this should be a different thread though. This meetup is not about that, this is more about the language and hanging out with other's who speak it. As I said though this is not the place for this. Eywa ngahu.

Tonbogiri

Got it,
teleporting to new thread...

Fnua Atxkxe

Excellent, I'll PM you and we'll see what we can get going ;D

sezawte

I'd also be interested in a practice expedition :P although there are already plans similar to this, check out the Great Britain camping trip

Kekerusey

Quote from: sezawte on February 18, 2010, 12:18:00 PM
Who would in theory be interested in a meet up (probably in London) in summer from Great Britain (this would be open to others but you'd have to sort out travel arrangements)

Would it involve beer? If so I'm in!   ;D

Kekerusey
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

sezawte

It could do, but this seems to have more or less fallen through :/ unless anybody feels like trying to resurrect it

Kekerusey

Quote from: sezawte on April 28, 2010, 03:05:15 PMIt could do, but this seems to have more or less fallen through :/ unless anybody feels like trying to resurrect it

Well I wonder if London is the best place ... it's true all roads (In Britain) head to London but it seems an awful long way for people from, say, Scotland to travel doesn't it (easy enough for me since I'm in Kent)? Also, London would be quite expensive I think to travel to and to stay.

I'd be willing to go other places (Sheffield for example, since my oldest daughter is at Uni there and is also a huge Avatar fan) as long as I could get there.

Kekerusey
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)